New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup... the CPS is cheaper in some cases. Other members have had it fixed for under 5k at other casas. The factor, I think is in the amount of time the mechanic takes (per hour ang service charging).

And many Lynx owners swear by Fordland in Banaue for those shocks and other parts.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Yup... the CPS is cheaper in some cases. Other members have had it fixed for under 5k at other casas. The factor, I think is in the amount of time the mechanic takes (per hour ang service charging).

And many Lynx owners swear by Fordland in Banaue for those shocks and other parts.
    Is it true that they are no longer making Ford Lynxs? So if I get a 2000 model, will I have problems later on in terms of availability of spare parts? Well, as compared to the City which is still very much in the market...

Help please....

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I'd pick the lynx.

On the other hand, bakit parang ang baba ng mileage ng city? 33k pa lang? maganda cguro check mo sa casa records nyan just to be sure.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    driver4ever:

bro, i got your PM and sent you a reply already

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d
    I'd pick the lynx.

On the other hand, bakit parang ang baba ng mileage ng city? 33k pa lang? maganda cguro check mo sa casa records nyan just to be sure.
    I just a few questions:
    1. If the car is a company car and has been casa-maintained, how do I find out about the records? Do I ask seller directly?

2. If a car is sold in those "buy and sell used cars", how do I find out the maintenance records if I haven't personally met the owner? The Honda City I'm considering is sold by "someone" who is not the owner, and I'm not so sure how to go about it. Help! As for the Lynx, I've personnaly met the owner.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can ask if the car was casa maintained and then ask for the logbook. It should be your right as a buyer.

As regards the availability of parts, Ford seems to be in the Philippines for the long haul. Their casa service is okay, and prices are competitive with other casas. But if worst comes to worst (worldwide collapse of Ford, which is pretty remote at this point, despite financial woes), there ought to be Lynx parts for at least another ten years through aftermarket retailers such as Fordland. You just have to know where to look. Kahit nga yung Mazda, bumagsak ang dealer networks nung 90's, marami pang shops na nagbebenta ng Mazda parts, at may mga casa na nag-se-service sa Mazda.

But if we're talking Daewoo or Opel... well... (although I'm informed that there are options for Opel Astra owners, also)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by driver4ever
    Is it true that they are no longer making Ford Lynxs? So if I get a 2000 model, will I have problems later on in terms of availability of spare parts? Well, as compared to the City which is still very much in the market...

Help please....
    the Lynx has already been discontinued and has been replaced by the Focus.

er... so does the City that you are looking at. the current City is a different vehicle from the Type Z that you are looking at.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    the Lynx has already been discontinued and has been replaced by the Focus.

er... so does the City that you are looking at. the current City is a different vehicle from the Type Z that you are looking at.
    The 2000 City Type Z Lxi we were eyeing on was already sold, just yesterday. So that leaves me with the Lynx alone. Now I just have to make final decision if I will get the Lynx or not.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Lynx...hands down...i dont like the coach class accomodations of the gen1 city/type z.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Get the Lynx!

OT: how can I prevent the Cam position sensor malfunction on my lynx? Any tips? No problems so far on my lynx but it helps to anticipate some major problems and perhaps find a way to work around it as a preventive measure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Honda City 2000 vs Ford Lynx Ghia 2000