New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    bro -- sometimes the problem is not the sensor. we had the cam sensor of my fiancee's lynx replaced with a brand new one. then the problem reccured. we brought it back to ford makati for checkup. we could not understand it and neither could the ford technician. he was preparing a report for the ford plant and labelled our problem as very unusual. then by accident, i tinkered with the wiring and the problem was solved. i then wondered if we needed to replace the sensor at all. anyway, it was moot and academic since the sensor was already replaced. the ford technician graciously cleaned the wiring nalang.

when my fiancee's sister borrowed the car after some months since the ford makati visit, the problem recurred but i told her over the cell phone to just try moving the wires. the problem got solved. it has not happened again

lesson here is that before you replace the sensor, check the wiring first. it could be the problem

Quote Originally Posted by bhongskie636
    Get the Lynx!

OT: how can I prevent the Cam position sensor malfunction on my lynx? Any tips? No problems so far on my lynx but it helps to anticipate some major problems and perhaps find a way to work around it as a preventive measure.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Bakit parang lahat ang gusto lynx.. panget ba talaga ang City Type Z? may nagooffer sa akin City 2000 type Z 270k A/T.. marami ba akong maeexpect na sira dito?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di naman sa panget, pero bare kasi ng City eh, nipis din ng kaha, yung interior low-end ang finish, parang di ok sa value...

Pero kung ibebenta mo ulit, for sure mas mataas makukuha mo sa City.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The City is a great car. But at the 230+ thousand pesos asking price, you can get a lot of other cars with more amenities, more size and more engine.

The City has no airbags, manual (pawis) windows, no sound insulation (maingay), and it's smaller than many other 90's+ cars. Also, being based on an 80's Civic chassis, it's not as stiff or safe as other modern cars. To be truthful, though... the biggest maintenance headache it may give you is rear fender rust, but that's it. It's a very reliable, economical and peppy little car... but, at its current secondhand price, you can already get a slightly older Civic LXi (just as economical, bigger) or Civic VTi (almost as economical, and much more powerful) or a score of 00' Sentras, Lynxes and whatnot.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    even if the city is still avaiable ill go for the lynx. parts? believe me there are abundant parts/replacements out there. In other words, di sya hirap maintain and di din mahal. Eto na siguro makukuha mo modelo na mura. Hanap ka lang ng iba lynx na mas maganda condition/deal - dami dyan. As much as possible get the manual version.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    honda parin ako......try visiting forums about Ford cars review sa USA, one is consumer reports.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by XRunner
    honda parin ako......try visiting forums about Ford cars review sa USA, one is consumer reports.
    The Ford Lynx & Honda City aren't being sold in the USA... no consumer reports for those two vehicles.

The Ford Lynx is basically a rebadged Mazda Protege, which has very good reviews.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; June 5th, 2006 at 03:42 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    The Ford Lynx is basically a rebadged Mazda Protege, which has very good reviews.
    I agree. Check other forums about the lynx... It bested other cars in its class.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    thanks for the reply... kaya pala maraming lynx sa kalsada..mukhang reliable talaga.. mileage lang talaga ang problema...

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by reuelc
    I agree. Check other forums about the lynx... It bested other cars in its class.
    yeah.....wala nga dito, search ko kanina. (dyahi).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Honda City 2000 vs Ford Lynx Ghia 2000