New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    hehe ang ibig ko sabihin eh un bang sinasabing "performance" nung kaibigan mo eh ung hatak o iba pa? dati kasi tinitingnan ko rin itong honda city kaso nung sinabi nga nung opismate ko na parang bitin ung hatak eh na-turn-off ako. BTW 1.5 ung city nya.
    Tanong ko siya kapag nagkita kami, di ko na kasi nakakasabay sa gym at libre na daw gym niya sa office. Hehe.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    Tanong ko siya kapag nagkita kami, di ko na kasi nakakasabay sa gym at libre na daw gym niya sa office. Hehe.
    thanks sir. baka makatulong kay TS ung 1st hand observations nung friend mo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The diesel uses a stiffer suspension than the gas, and CV Joints are different, so any problems there will not be shared.

My only worry for the CRDi going forward is the engine mounts feel soft and the feel at the clutch pedal suggests it's a cable clutch, not a hydraulic. Not nice to use and might result in premature clutch wear in traffic.

Lancer GLX is a good deal versus the MX.
    What do you think about the stucked clutch Niky? My colleague said, it wont go back to normal position after depressing. As in, nandun na lang sya sa flooring, nakadiin. We are thinking maybe because the clutch and brake fluid shares a master cyl reservoir (cup) and the line going to the clutch might needs bleeding. Right now kasi, pag nangyayari yun, papatayin lang nya makina, and then pag start nya, wala na ulit. Pero pasulpot sulpot sya.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by m_arvs View Post
    Mitsu gives 31k cash discount so 899k na lang sya..
    I will choose lancer over city..
    Test driven both cars and mas ok handling ng lancer(for me)..
    Though city's interior finish is better and bigger trunk!

Cash discount sir eh.. I'm on bank financing. :D

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    What do you think about the stucked clutch Niky? My colleague said, it wont go back to normal position after depressing. As in, nandun na lang sya sa flooring, nakadiin. We are thinking maybe because the clutch and brake fluid shares a master cyl reservoir (cup) and the line going to the clutch might needs bleeding. Right now kasi, pag nangyayari yun, papatayin lang nya makina, and then pag start nya, wala na ulit. Pero pasulpot sulpot sya.
    If the brakes don't lose hydraulic boost when it gets stuck, it might be an under-sized slave cylinder. Not quite sure.

When I drove it, the clutch "bite" point moved around a lot. I thought it was a cable clutch?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    If the brakes don't lose hydraulic boost when it gets stuck, it might be an under-sized slave cylinder. Not quite sure.

When I drove it, the clutch "bite" point moved around a lot. I thought it was a cable clutch?
    I see, so if there is air in the line of his clutch, his brakes should have it too. Lemme update you guys kung meron nang maayos na feedback from the casa.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The diesel uses a stiffer suspension than the gas, and CV Joints are different, so any problems there will not be shared.

My only worry for the CRDi going forward is the engine mounts feel soft and the feel at the clutch pedal suggests it's a cable clutch, not a hydraulic. Not nice to use and might result in premature clutch wear in traffic.

Lancer GLX is a good deal versus the MX.
    Hi sir, why is the GLX a better deal than MX? Thanks

And also I would like to get your opinion on the three.

What's the best for you, in terms of the said conditions I stated on the first post.

This would really help me find the right car for me.

Thanks a bunch.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Interior Space: The Lancer has the best space in the driver's seat, they're all similar in terms of the back seat,and the City has the best trunk (the Lancer's trunk is too narrow)

Driving Comfort: The Lancer has the most relaxed seating position and best ride of the three.

Fuel Consumption: Diesel.

Interior & exterior look: Exterior, depends on your tastes. Interior, gotta hand it to the City. More upscale feeling than the Accent, good build quality.

Performance: Acceleration, Accent. Even with the 4AT, it's pretty fast. Lancer and City are similar, but the Lancer 4AT is pretty good.

Value for money/resale value: Only time will tell. The City should typically have the best resale value, but take note... the City is due for replacement in two years. I don't believe any of these cars will have an advantage in resale of more than twenty or thirty thousand after several years. And in those several years, you will have spent hundreds of thousands of pesos in fuel, maintenance and registration... and you will still lose at least three hundred thousand pesos in resale value... so what's the point?

Value for money, depends on what you want. The Accent gives you the best motor for the price. The City gives you the nicest interior and most refinement. The Lancer gives you the most toys. Up to you what you want. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    The GLX is basically, mechanically same car as with the more expensive MX. But if kit of the car is more important to you then you should head to MX. Net of discounts, the GLX is about 70K cheaper. The MX has projector type HID with front adaptive feature (Swivels as you turn), foglights, body colored this and that part of the car, auto AC, colored info display (vs analog looking GLX clusters), piano black and silver accents on the interior and GPS.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Thanks for all your inputs. Come this Saturday, I will test drive the City and the Lancer. The Hatchback, there will be none as it is not available in any casa I've gone to.
    I have already paid my dp for the Accent HB and basing on the inputs of both sir basti and niky, I might get a refund first and think about everything.
    I have been a Honda user for as long as I've known and wanted to try other brands just to have a breath of fresh air.

The interior is very much important to me as well. Most of the time we stay inside the car and having a premium finish is certainly a plus. Doesn't look cheap during road trips, pleasant to the eyes. This is certainly a big advantage for the City (which I am leaning towards to, don't you just love it when you keep coming back to the very first brand you've owned?)

Handling, this will be the only thing left for me to test.

FC, we all know the accent is the runaway winner, but hey i'm driving an suv currently and having a subcompact with a improved consumption is better than none.

If you still have additional inputs that could help me. It would certainly be welcomed in open arms.

Thanks tsikoteers!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast