Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Pricelist

Honda City 1.5 ENC AT - P876,000
    Hyundai 1.6 Accent HB CRDi AT - P868,000
    Lancer 1.6 EX MX AT - P930,000

What would you choose?

Please consider the same in terms of space, driving comfort, fuel consumption, interior & exterior look, performance, value for money/resale value rolled into one as the main criteria.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    1) Space - City or Lancer
    2) driving comfort - hard to tell, comfort or sport biased? --
    3) Passenger comfort -- City or Lancer, Accent back seats to upright!
    4) FC -- Accent, being a diesel
    5) looks - subjective
    6) performance -- Accent (acceleration)
    7) value for money -- could be accent, diesels tend to generally have good residual values but it will boil down to market desirability at the end of the day.
    8) You want to help your country? -- Buy a city, its made locally!

Quote Originally Posted by istarbuxs View Post
    Pricelist

Honda City 1.5 ENC AT - P876,000
    Hyundai 1.6 Accent HB CRDi AT - P868,000
    Lancer 1.6 EX MX AT - P930,000

What would you choose?

Please consider the same in terms of space, driving comfort, fuel consumption, interior & exterior look, performance, value for money/resale value rolled into one as the main criteria.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Honestly, I would rank them as follows.

Lancer>City>Accent

This is based from priorities of ease of ownership & practicality. If you really want the Accent, I suggest you wait at least about a year or so. I am a member of Accent club and I've heard personally, from owners, some probs that might raise eyebrows cause it ain't supposed to be there in a brand new car.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    This is based from priorities of ease of ownership & practicality. If you really want the Accent, I suggest you wait at least about a year or so. I am a member of Accent club and I've heard personally, from owners, some probs that might raise eyebrows cause it ain't supposed to be there in a brand new car.
    Are you referring to the gas variant? Please share the details.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Diesel variants although most occurs on MT variants. Stucked clutch anyone? You wouldn't want that in a new car, do you? Several units have been plagued and the casa seems not yet knowledgeable to manage it, as of yet. Some black smoke emitting unit due to poorly screwed hoses etc. Minor glitches, but sucks. And of course, the diesel shares suspension bits with the gas variant which have some suspension glitches (CV joints, poor shocks, brake calipers that eats rotors etc). Give them about a year or two to fix them. Anyway, Hyundai is very much responsive to criticisms and observations anyway.
    Last edited by basti08; April 23rd, 2013 at 11:07 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Diesel variants although most occurs on MT variants. Stucked clutch anyone? You wouldn't want that in a new car, do you? Several units have been plagued and the casa seems not yet knowledgeable to manage it, as of yet. Some black smoke emitting unit due to poorly screw hoses etc. Minor glitches, but sucks. And of course, the diesel shares suspension bits with the gas variant which have some suspension glitches (CV joints, poor shocks, brake calipers that eats rotors etc). Give them about a year or two to fix them. Anyway, Hyundai is very much responsive to criticisms and observations anyway.
    Thanks for the info.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Diesel variants although most occurs on MT variants. Stucked clutch anyone? You wouldn't want that in a new car, do you? Several units have been plagued and the casa seems not yet knowledgeable to manage it, as of yet. Some black smoke emitting unit due to poorly screwed hoses etc. Minor glitches, but sucks. And of course, the diesel shares suspension bits with the gas variant which have some suspension glitches (CV joints, poor shocks, brake calipers that eats rotors etc). Give them about a year or two to fix them. Anyway, Hyundai is very much responsive to criticisms and observations anyway.
    Thanks for sharing this! Very valuable first/secondhand info.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Honestly, I would rank them as follows.

Lancer>City>Accent

Now I'm more leaning towards the City. I have recently paid a down for the Accent HB but it hasn't arrived yet. I might test drive the new City this weekend to see how it responds. The difference between the cost of the City and Lancer is big, in which can be used to upgrade/accessorize the City moving forward.

I will also test drive the Lancer, and see from there.

Also Sir Basti, could you explain further on the basis of your choice being Lancer > City > Accent.

It would really help us new car buyers.

Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Never thought the new Accent HB had issues like this.

Thanks for sharing!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Mitsu gives 31k cash discount so 899k na lang sya..
    I will choose lancer over city..
    Test driven both cars and mas ok handling ng lancer(for me)..
    Though city's interior finish is better and bigger trunk!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast