New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ayos tong thread na to larry, I'm also planning to buy my first car this July naman ( after ng salary increase ). I'm confused as well kung Lancer GLX or Honda City. Naka own din ako ng Lancer and by experience, suspension nga ang problema...

mga sirs.. kung sa tagal ba eh okay ba ang Honda City? Medyo nabansagan kasi ng sub compact ang City tapos ang Lancer Compact, di ba cost down/lower class ang City compared sa Lancer? ( No offense mga bro, la ako masyado alam sa kotse eh ). May mga kaibigan kasi ako na pinipilit ako kunin ang lancer over the city because of that mentality. Okay sana ko sa City because of its fuel efficiency ( taas na gasolina ngayon! ) and room, tsaka parang sawa na ko sa lancer.. maiba naman.. ;) tapos pansin ko pa na ang city mga 4 to 5 years after ay ang dami na nagbebenta compared sa Lancer na umaabot ng 10 yrs bago ibenta.

Larry question nga pla, nakita ko kasi sa web na ang cost ng Lancer is almost 700k tapos ang City ay around 625k.. may discount ka bang nakuha? Applicable kaya ito kahit car loan ng company? Pasok ko kasi dun para mabawasan ang interest..

Salamat

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'll go with the lancer more room for your buck. hondas are a dime a dozens already.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bim_26 View Post
    ayos tong thread na to larry, I'm also planning to buy my first car this July naman ( after ng salary increase ). I'm confused as well kung Lancer GLX or Honda City. Naka own din ako ng Lancer and by experience, suspension nga ang problema...
    Quote Originally Posted by bim_26 View Post
    Larry question nga pla, nakita ko kasi sa web na ang cost ng Lancer is almost 700k tapos ang City ay around 625k.. may discount ka bang nakuha? Applicable kaya ito kahit car loan ng company? Pasok ko kasi dun para mabawasan ang interest..

Salamat
    Bim_26, pareho pala tayo ng iniisip hehe.. yung price list, dito sa Tsikot meron:
    Price List (Tsikot)

Meron din sa Autosearch Philippines
    Price List (Autosearch)

Both indicate a P67,000 discount sa GLX MT model, which leaves P628K. I think wala pa itong CD/stereo system at keyless entry system. Nakalagay eh "dealer option" so most likely dagdag ka pa ng konti. But to me, the price is close enough to City 1.3S for a direct comparison.

Not sure lang bro kung applicable itong discount sa loan... better check with a dealer Mas maaga ka pala bibili kesa sakin. Good luck!
    Last edited by Larry_Bird; April 14th, 2008 at 11:29 PM. Reason: formatting

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    grabe nga resale value nyang lancer, muntik na ako mapabili ng 2004 glx this year, buti na lang na-isip ko bat sobrang mura since 370k lang nya binebenta, baka me prob, basa-basa ako ng forums then nagbago na isip ko....

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mga brad.. sana may sumagot nitong tanong ko..

Salamat!

mga sirs.. kung sa tagal ba eh okay ba ang Honda City? Medyo nabansagan kasi ng sub compact ang City tapos ang Lancer Compact, di ba cost down/lower class/lower grade ang City compared sa Lancer? ( No offense mga bro, la ako masyado alam sa kotse eh ). May mga kaibigan kasi ako na pinipilit ako kunin ang lancer over the city because of that mentality. Okay sana ko sa City because of its fuel efficiency ( taas na gasolina ngayon! ) and room, tsaka parang sawa na ko sa lancer.. maiba naman.. ;) tapos pansin ko pa na ang city mga 4 to 5 years after ay ang dami na nagbebenta compared sa Lancer na umaabot ng 10 yrs bago ibenta.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hello Sir,

In the long run, the City will be a better choice. Let's think about the gas consumption nowadays... it's almost P50! Plus the City is more earth-friendly than the older Lancer which uses an old engine. Which gives me a reason to believe that though some old engines are good... They are still bad in some ways.

cost down/lower class/lower grade
    I got your point. Most of us Filipino's do think that way but if your friend knows more than the category... The City is more of a car than the old Lancer. It's better in terms of interior quality, technology and refinement. The Lancer is just too old but I don't mean its bad because the Lancer can still give you a rewarding drive. However, the City can give you better savings, and better package... makes our pockets happy. So lower class? On paper... Yes. Not on paper... Definitely not. Think about the entry-level Lancer being the more suitable taxi... hehehe... there is a Lancer GLX taxi.

tapos pansin ko pa na ang city mga 4 to 5 years after ay ang dami na nagbebenta compared sa Lancer na umaabot ng 10 yrs bago ibenta.
    Think this, the City owned more sales by a thousand compared to the Lancer. I'd give it a 1:1 ratio... just guessing.
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... let's put it this way... the old Lancer isn't any bigger than the City. The City has much more headroom and legroom than the Lancer, it has a bigger trunk, and it only carries a small penalty in elbow room (in other words, it's tighter for three people to sit in the back). But that's it. In many other ways, it's a more practical car than most subcompacts or even "compacts" on the market.

And who cares if everyone else is driving a Honda? Who cares if NO ONE else is driving a Honda? I've always believed in buying a car on its own merit. Not on what other people think about it. I was going to get a Honda City as a back-up car when we got the Lynx, but my family hated the looks. Now, four years later... with gas near 50 pesos... well... it's not my fault we don't have one as a back-up car.

About the only reasons to get a Lancer over the City is because it handles better and rides somewhat better. (I've driven the previous gen and the outgoing GT, but not the GLX... but the suspension is basically the same). The City just doesn't feel as lively as the Jazz does, due to the boxy trunk in the back, which upsets its handling balance. But if I had to get a vanilla sedan for everyday commuting and family use, with no spirited driving involved... I can't think of any reason not to buy the City.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Niky, "a vanilla sedan for everyday commuting and family use, with no spirited driving involved..." is exactly what I need right now. Great job putting it in words. I do think the City is more practical, and since I am only slightly more drawn to the looks of the Lancer, I'm beginning to think the City may be a better choice for me.
    Last edited by Larry_Bird; April 18th, 2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: formatting

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The [H] City will serve its purpose while city driving.

It's just that you are missing out on the heritage and some would say "nostalgia" in owning a Lancer. The car will never be orphaned.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho.

if you are choosing a City 1.3 CVT with a Lancer GLX MT, then go for the City. imho again, its a nice drive compared to the Lancer. and yes, it has better too.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Honda City 1.3S MT or Lancer GLX MT?