New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi,

I am planning to purchase my first vehicle. I would like to know which one is more value for money: The Honda City 1.3A or 1.3S MT? The difference is around 40K. Would I just rather buy the 1.3A model and use the 40K and install an alarm system(around 5K from casa) and set up the sound system(around 15K) ? I don't mind having the hubcaps for the meantime. Are there other differences which the 40k difference will cover that I'm not seeing ?

Thanks !!!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    The 1.3 A variant does not have the ff: (which the 1.3S has)

-Power door locks
    -U.L.T. rear seats (it has non-foldable rear seats)
    -Driver Seat back pocket. (only the front passenger has it)
    -Day and Night Rearview mirror
    -Chrome Inner door handle (interior body color only)
    -Front and Rear Mudguards (it has none installed)
    -Painted exterior door handle and mirror (it is in unpainted black)
    -Alloy wheel rims (it uses steel rims w/ hubcap cover)
    -4 speakers (it has 2 speakers only)

No much difference really, if you ask me. The only feature I would miss is the U.L.T. seats, which really gives the chore of cargo hauling more flexible in this type of vehicle. If you dont need the U.L.T. seats then save that Php 40K and put it in the bank or other investement. :D
    Last edited by number001; December 22nd, 2006 at 10:10 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    although i'm more of a gear shifting kind of guy, i'd recommend the a/t transmission for you. it's a whole lot easier to drive in the mean streets of the metro plus arguably its the more fuel efficient variant :icecream:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    having automatic and manual cars... i prefer the automatic, considering the congested roads of MM.... it gulps more gas but the fraction more will not surpass the comfort of having auto trans..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for all your inputs ! Unfortunately, my budget is very limited. That's why I only considered MT. I agree AT cars are more convenient and comfortable to use considering the traffic in the Metro Maybe for my 2nd car in the future, I'll be able to add ATs in my choices.

By the way, is there also an insurance company you can recommend ? I'm planning to get my insurance outside and not from Honda.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Mag Avanza ka nalang!

Read my sig!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If there's no ABS on the higher model, go ahead and get the City 1.3 A CVT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^the 1.5li City comes with ABS and SRS airbags.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    ^the 1.5li City comes with ABS and SRS airbags.
    The question is regarding the 1.3 versions... kung walang ABS ang high-end 1.3, puwede na siguro yung base version, lagyan na lang ng aftermarket alarm.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ok I misunderstood your previous statement. Now I realize you are referring to the City 1.3S. All variants of 1.3 City have no airbags nor abs. In fact, I think there is no reason to get the "higher" City 1.3 S unless the ULT seats or CVT are needed. Then again, if someone is getting a City 1.3S CVT then they may as well plunk down Php 80K or less and get a City 1.5V CVT because with the small price difference in comparison to the amount of extras that comes with 1.5 variant, makes it a bargain, imo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda City 1.3A or Honda City 1.3S MT