New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hello Tsikoteers,

We are currently deciding on what to get as our first brand new family car. Our list of potential buys came down to these two cars. In terms of safety, reliability, fuel efficiency, price and practicality.. what would you choose between the two?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by machoba View Post
    Hello Tsikoteers,

We are currently deciding on what to get as our first brand new family car. Our list of potential buys came down to these two cars. In terms of safety, reliability, fuel efficiency, price and practicality.. what would you choose between the two?

Thanks!

hi machoba, if its a family car, i suggest you get the city, because of its compartment, the other stuff are basically the same, engine, sits (ult type) etc.

my wife drives an automatic 1.3 cvt city. its serves us nicely and a fun car to drive especially its paddle shifters if you want to drive the car in manumatic mode (up to seven speed) ala f1 cars. my office mate (single guy) drives a supe up jazz (complete with spoilers and other after market stuff) but when i saw the insides, its basically a city turned into a hatch.

the big difference as i stated above is the baggage compartment, the city has a huge one (you will be surprise its bigger than the one in an altis). and as you said its for the family, so if you have kids and have out of town trips you will definitely need the space.

go with the city. and enjoy your new ride.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by machoba View Post
    Hello Tsikoteers,

Thanks!

Hello Machoba, We just got the city 1.3cvt early this month. No regrets whatsoever! Except for the fact that i still havent had the chance to drive it. :D Even though we decided to get the city over the jazz because of its extremely huge trunk (which i imagined filling up with the kid's trolley, huge bags for trips to their grandparent's place, etc etc) it can still pump up your blood. :D Lots of possibilities for modding (as they say in these parts of the forum) :D... rims, skirts, etc etc etc... ganda! :D

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Jazz na lng. Malaki naman yung lood just fold the seats. Kung may kids go for the 1.5 para malakas hatak.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it's practicality that you want, stick with the City.

It may look like a cockcroach but hey - it's cheap and economical. The only ace up the Jazz's sleeve is the hatch door in which you can put in there huge items like a TV or big boxes. Other than that, the City can almost match the trunk volume of the Jazz.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Kaya lang pala sa Jazz para kayong Sardinas. Kung 2 lang anak mo go for it Jazz na pero kung gusto mong dagdagan ng 2 pa City na. Kung dadagdag ka pa ulit Inova na.

honda city 1.3 cvt and honda jazz 1.3 cvt