New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    [SIZE=3]Hi I'm planning to buy a 4x2 pick-up (for city driving [/SIZE][SIZE=2])[/SIZE][SIZE=3] my top choices are:
    1. toyota hilux (2008)
    2. mitsubishi strada
    3. Isuzu dmax (2008)
    what is the best choice in terms of [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]power,speed,torque...resale value...quality... anything else I need to know? ) any advice would be helpfull (1st pick-up purchase ) Thanks!
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by piggyprincess; July 7th, 2008 at 01:21 AM. Reason: additional information

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Well my dad bought a dmax and its great, great stabilty, comfort, asewome power(depends on engine type. im talking about a 3.0 turbocharged). it might seem a little high in height but it doesnt flip that easy. the bad thing is that when its raining when you turn on a corner, if you press the gas too much it drift a bit but letting off the pedal after it will make the truck take control back...the brakes are great. if you plan on buying one of this, buy a 4x4 its really fun even though u live on the city like i do but we go offroading often and its pretty fast on 4x4.And Stable..i've drive it...i like it pretty much.And buy it automatic...also is cheaper in gas because of diesel, and its only like 22k american dollars. but this price is with all the luxurious stuff.(4 doors, 3.0 engine, 4x4 and other stuff.)

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sa DMAX ako

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    City driving 'ika mo, i'll go with the Strada with this one...change the mags to 20s....guapong-guapo na esp. the black one.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go with the Strada.... BUT I've been hearing of some concerns about its steering and suspension. Nevertheless, it's ride and engine is superb.

My second choice would be the D-Max, currently it is the shortest pickup available here which makes it more appealing for city driving. Though its ride is nowhere near the Strada.

A 4x2 Hi-Lux? No thanks.

bigbigcar.com Comparison: Hyunda Veracruz versus Mazda CX9

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    i am also in this dilemma on what pickup should i buy coz hopefully i could buy a new truck by the end of the month. i cut down my choices to dmax ls and strada glx. my first choice was strada but reading the mitsubishi forum, im worried coz there are lots of concerns with regards to shocks, steering and the car is leaning on the driver side coz the gas tank is located there and considering those units were bought brand new. for hilux, i agree with mazdamazda. that truck is almost a million and comparing it to strada and dmax, it's not even close with regards to its looks and engine power (4x2 category).

back to the strada issues, im currently using a 10 year old truck and ive never experienced those things especially the leaning issue. if that truck is already like that from the beginning, how do i expect it to perform 6 to 7 years from now? that's the issue that is making it harder for my decision.

but i think i would go for dmax though i know strada is better when it comes to comfort.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The D-Max's ride is not that bad especially when you're up in front... though the Ranger's (hope you consider also the handsome Trekker version) ride is a bit better.

Though if you can afford to wait, try to see if Mitsubishi can fix the said problem in the near future.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The D-Max's ride is not that bad especially when you're up in front... though the Ranger's (hope you consider also the handsome Trekker version) ride is a bit better.

Though if you can afford to wait, try to see if Mitsubishi can fix the said problem in the near future.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    i also love the look of the new ranger but i have a relative who used to drive the older version of 4x4 ranger, it didnt take him 3 years before he traded it with a different brand. he said he'll not buy a ford pickup again. he told me lots of things on why not to buy ford truck and that made me realize not to consider it though upon reading the ford forum, there are lots of good reviews with the truck.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, there are some quirks with the old Ranger/Everest but they have ironed it out already with the latest version. Lots of satisfied Ranger/Everest owners in FCP.

bigbigcar.com Comparison: Hyunda Veracruz versus Mazda CX9

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
hilux 08 vs strada vs dmax 08