New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    Odometer reading, before you determine kung High is relative sa edad ng kotse. An older car na may 100K reading ay pwede pa rin considered na low kung 20 years old na, while ang 2 year old car kung nasa 50 or 60K e masasabi mong gamit na gamit. So those are just numbers and a lot has to be considered first, and those factors are all taken as a whole for context kung OK pa ba or hindi.

I would ask for the daily route para mejo conservative ang approach. Is the daily route an expressway, city or mix of both. Paved roads ba or maraming bumps, bahain ba. Puro paakyat ba or patag? saan naka park, sa covered or partial lang? Ilan normally ang sakay, oras ng punta at uwi etc. Depending on these factors and a lot more, together with service history, should help you what to avoid and go for.

If I were to sell my 9 year old car, I can show all the receipts ng lahat ng pinalitan ko, so may idea na si buyer sa kung ano ang stock at replaced parts at kung ano ang sasaluhin nya na repairs in the future.
    yun nga din po ang iniisip ko..a seller offered me a car, 8years, 08 model sya..and sabi nya 100k ang odo reading..im not that familiar with this kind of numbers, age ng car at odo reading..sa tingin nyo po, ok lang yun?8years :: 100k? ive only seen the picture of the car, and based on it, the car is in good shape, nice interior and pristine exterior..the owner even assured me that the car is in good condition, and maintained only in casa..i dont know if he can show its service record..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    General rule 10k kms per year average diba. I would consider anything below as low mileage.

Eg 10 yr old car na 90k kms would be low mileage for me.

Up to 15k kms per year I would still consider average when buying second hand.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    What car are you planning to buy?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in addition to what has been posted above, it will depend on the car make and model also. better check the different threads on specific car models to learn what are the issues that you need to look out for.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Henzon Vergara View Post
    yun nga din po ang iniisip ko..a seller offered me a car, 8years, 08 model sya..and sabi nya 100k ang odo reading..im not that familiar with this kind of numbers, age ng car at odo reading..sa tingin nyo po, ok lang yun?8years :: 100k? ive only seen the picture of the car, and based on it, the car is in good shape, nice interior and pristine exterior..the owner even assured me that the car is in good condition, and maintained only in casa..i dont know if he can show its service record..
    If honest si seller sa numbers nya, nasa average pa yung mga tinakbo nya. Mine is 9 year old nasa 93K, I consider it low kasi daily drive po ito (for 2 years ung daily route ko back/forth less than 6km lang haha).

Unfortunately ang picture ay picture lang, wala ng iba pa. It does not tell you anything po, and can be misleading. I think may magandang resource sa Topgear PH (paki search nalang, recent lang ung article) about what to look for if you're in the market for a 2nd hand car.

When it comes down to it, use your gut, do not be afraid to walk away, and by asking the right questions you will know if things do 'add up' or if he is just trying to pull a fast one on you.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    What car are you planning to buy?
    Thanks for your question sir..i am planning to buy honda civic 2008 model sir, manual tranny..the owner said, hiway driven daw ung sasakyan..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    If honest si seller sa numbers nya, nasa average pa yung mga tinakbo nya. Mine is 9 year old nasa 93K, I consider it low kasi daily drive po ito (for 2 years ung daily route ko back/forth less than 6km lang haha).

Unfortunately ang picture ay picture lang, wala ng iba pa. It does not tell you anything po, and can be misleading. I think may magandang resource sa Topgear PH (paki search nalang, recent lang ung article) about what to look for if you're in the market for a 2nd hand car.

When it comes down to it, use your gut, do not be afraid to walk away, and by asking the right questions you will know if things do 'add up' or if he is just trying to pull a fast one on you.
    try ko pong isearch sa TGP yung article..based sa odo, if 100k na tinakbo, that means ~12k/year and tinakbo ng sasakyan..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    mga sir/mam..if given the situation, if im going to offer u a car, honda civic fd 2008 model 1.8s MT, 100k odo reading..priced at 350k..will you entertain or consider my offer?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Cars owned by people in the south metro average around 15k KM per year, even higher if the car is used daily.

In 6 years, nasa almost 100k km na tinakbo ng mga kotseng ito.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Henzon Vergara View Post
    try ko pong isearch sa TGP yung article..based sa odo, if 100k na tinakbo, that means ~12k/year and tinakbo ng sasakyan..
    Do you know his daily route?
    My car is 1yr 7mos, driven daily in the highway, with 67k kms.

As you said ~12k kms/year, that would be ~1k kms/month.
    Knowing his daily route could give you a hint if he is credible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast