New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    1. is it really that bad kung mataas ang odometer reading ng isang sasakyan?
    2. does it point straight that the car is in bad shape?
    3. do i have to avoid cars with high mileage.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Henzon Vergara View Post

1. No, if properly maintained naman. If it is purely long distance highway driven naman.

2. Maybe Yes or No, if it follows religiously the scheduled PMS i have no issues on that. Consider na lang the wear and tear of parts.

3. No. Before i asked this dito sa board. Which will you prefer? a low mileage na lagi naman ipit sa traffic or high mileage na highway driven / long distance lagi.

To add, some "experts" tamper Odometers. How can you be sure that a low mileage car is not tampered? sugal pa din.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

if i were in the market for a car... at the right price, i'd consider buying a high-mileage car, if it has good, un-assailable provenance.
    need a car. right price. provenance.

otherwise, i'd walk away.
    i see no point in buying a car, just because of its price. unless i were into the used car business.

happy driving.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

1. No. There are other factors. Where the car is driven (highway everyday compared to short distance, heavy traffic, everyday). Aside from that, how the previous owner maintains.
    2. No.
    3. Not necessarily. But I've seen cars that are low mileaged, but maintained poorly. You just have to be wise on getting one.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Heard of tool life? So, proper PMS....

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

30.7K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007

Having a high mileage car is not necessarily bad as long as its been well taken care of. If you think about it, kaya nga umabot ng ganun kalaki yung mileage nya dahil naslagaan sya, if not matagal na yan bumigay. I've seen cars with well over 100,000km that looks and feels better than its low mileage counterpart say with 30-40,000km.

Pero kung ako bibili, mas preferred ko pa rin yung sariwa na low mileage

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Heard of tool life? So, proper PMS....

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

30.7K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
    i consider my car as a tool.
    issues arise when they consider the car as a status symbol or a living creature.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    OT

May relative si esmi ganyan, ang biruan namin is sila ang alipin nung sasakyan nila.

With pride kase na low mileage, puros city driving.

Pag may out of town/long trips either makikisakay or mag rent sila ng vehicle.

Super preserving their vehicle in pristine kuno condition.

Mas madalas pa sa casa due for repairs compared sa innova namin. BTW same year model kami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I have a low mileage car but I also take care of it in other aspects such as I don't park in open spaces, I have small scratches fixed and I replace with relatively quality parts (Amaron battery or Michelin tires, baldwin filters etc).

I just got that habit from my Dad and brother who are into cars. But I think it's ridiculous to rent since that is so expensive. For out of town trips I rarely bring my car since I don't drive far and well it's a sedan.

But I agree that high mileage cars are okay as long as it is well taken cared of. Personally I would only buy a second hand car from someone I know.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 22nd, 2016 at 11:46 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Odometer reading, before you determine kung High is relative sa edad ng kotse. An older car na may 100K reading ay pwede pa rin considered na low kung 20 years old na, while ang 2 year old car kung nasa 50 or 60K e masasabi mong gamit na gamit. So those are just numbers and a lot has to be considered first, and those factors are all taken as a whole for context kung OK pa ba or hindi.

I would ask for the daily route para mejo conservative ang approach. Is the daily route an expressway, city or mix of both. Paved roads ba or maraming bumps, bahain ba. Puro paakyat ba or patag? saan naka park, sa covered or partial lang? Ilan normally ang sakay, oras ng punta at uwi etc. Depending on these factors and a lot more, together with service history, should help you what to avoid and go for.

If I were to sell my 9 year old car, I can show all the receipts ng lahat ng pinalitan ko, so may idea na si buyer sa kung ano ang stock at replaced parts at kung ano ang sasaluhin nya na repairs in the future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast