New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    innova for me..
    mura ang maintenance (eg. gulong, parts...) at rehistro.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    kung pamporma - montero
    kung pampamilya - innova

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bare Monty or Full Monty?

I've always said: "Pay more for the car... not for the toys."... Toys like CD Changers, in-dash or seat-back VCD players and screens and whatnot mean nothing when selling the car several years down the road, when even the cheapest cars now have iPOd connectivity and DVD/media touchscreen players available as options.

Imagine you've paid extra for toys nowadays... then in a few years, they become as obsolete as suitcase-sized cellphones? If you want toys, buy them outside. In-dash screens nowadays are cheap.

By that logic, the Montero would be the more logical choice... but:

-The Innova has more passenger space in the second and third rows. It's better than the Fortuner, too.

-The Innova is more stable. Yes, you wouldn't want to thrash it going to Tanay, but it's very stable and predictable... it simply understeers at the limit. The Montero rolls, pitches and dives because it's a taller car.

-The Innova is fuel efficient. Lower powered engine is geared for economy, and the body is lighter.

Only minus: The Innova won't be as flood-worthy (but the level of flood where that becomes a problem is the kind of flood you shouldn't try to cross in the first place) and the ride is not as good as the Monty. It's a bit harsh.

----

Me? Get the base "E" Innova diesel in MT. Then kit it out to your heart's content. Leatherette seat covers, in-dash touchscreen, new set of speakers, mags (get secondhand Camry mags, maybe)... you won't even come close to the top-of-the-line Innova's price.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Nilabas na ba yung low-end stripped monty?

how much?
    yup nilabas na nila...visit mo yong mitsubishi talk. kung di ako nagkakamali nasa 1.195m yong GLX M/T and nasa 1.2+m yong GLX A/T. non vgt variants to.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would go for the montero maski stripped down sya. why? its an SUV, compared to the Innova which is an MPV.
    and yes, the stripped down still looks good. onting paganda na lang, pwede na.
    and another thing is the ride height. nothing beats the feeling of having the confidence to go through flood waters.

but you would have to sacrifice the ride comfort.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i would go for the montero maski stripped down sya. why? its an SUV, compared to the Innova which is an MPV.
    and yes, the stripped down still looks good. onting paganda na lang, pwede na.
    and another thing is the ride height. nothing beats the feeling of having the confidence to go through flood waters.

but you would have to sacrifice the ride comfort.
    Stereotyping SUV and MPV. LOL.

Sa daan naman as i see it yun dami ng monty gaya na din ng dami ng innova sa daan.
    Nothing special and extravagant kung naka monty ka. Tapos yung stripped/bare model pa gamit mo?

regarding flood hindi naman ganun kalaki height difference ng monty sa innova, isusugal mo ba yung ride mo dahil mas mataas ng konti? hindi rin diba.

ill go for the Innova V na lang. kung ang choices is Innova V or Stripped Monty.

my 2 cents

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by frequenzy View Post
    kung pamporma - montero
    kung pampamilya - innova
    +1 ganito rin dahilan ko

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    The same dilemma happened to me 10 years ago (Revo VX200 vs. Gen 2 CRV), in the end CRV ang nabili ko all because of the perceived SUV image. Now I'll be getting the Montero GLX non VGT in a few months for my wife, she's very convinced with the line "SUV for the price of an AUV"

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    So what's the better buy for your 1.2M?

Me thinks its the Montero. But better be prepared to spend more for fuel and maintenance bits. So owning one mas mahal siya in the
    long run.

But I would not buy the TOTL Innova either at this price. I will settle for the mid-range sub-million price for this type of vehicle.

So the deciding point? Saan at papano mo ito gagamitin? Daily drive. Long drives. Ikaw lang makasagot noon.

But if this is the only vehicle for the family. Montero is my choice.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jrn29 View Post
    +1 ganito rin dahilan ko

ung Innova pwede lagyan ng roofrails, rear spoiler and side stepboard and front bumper. para hindi lang mukhang pampamilya pang sports pa.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
High end toyota innova (V or G) vs stripped montero sport (2012 non vgt glx or gls)