New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    It really depends on the usage. In our case we choose innova over the monty are the following:
    1. Medyo old na parents ko, entry and exit convenience in at the utmost importance. Included also that my daugther will start to learn to walk na rin, just for safety precaution, a lower entry/exit point would be a plus factor for kids na makukulit
    2. Monty has proven its worth and we have 2 monty na sa family so we decided to try something different naman.

Yun lang till now hindi pa lumalabas yun innova namin. Sayang hindi na naabotan ni papa, he passed away last week.

Ok sana kasi both parents of mine tried the display unit and they both like it especially the entry and exit from the second row. Dad was having a hard time climbing in and out of the monty kasi

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    so basically, sa comparison na to one of the main difference na pwedeng basehan ni TS is the maintenance cost ang FC....

mas mataas maintenance cost and FC ng Montero compared sa Innova...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI125 View Post
    It really depends on the usage. In our case we choose innova over the monty are the following:
    1. Medyo old na parents ko, entry and exit convenience in at the utmost importance. Included also that my daugther will start to learn to walk na rin, just for safety precaution, a lower entry/exit point would be a plus factor for kids na makukulit
    2. Monty has proven its worth and we have 2 monty na sa family so we decided to try something different naman.

Yun lang till now hindi pa lumalabas yun innova namin. Sayang hindi na naabotan ni papa, he passed away last week.

Ok sana kasi both parents of mine tried the display unit and they both like it especially the entry and exit from the second row. Dad was having a hard time climbing in and out of the monty kasi
    Condolence bro.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lastpogi View Post
    the pricing of both cars are almost the same, the seating capacity is also the same. Drivetrain is also the same, both are rear wheel drive and 4x2. Both of them are also CRDI in engine. Pls help me decide on this, I had the hard time thinking which one is best because they have almost the same space and use for me. TIA
    vs the montero,
    1. in driving comfort, its hard to beat the innova, i find myself fidgeting in the montero trying to get that sweet spot especially in long drives.
    2. the 2nd and 3rd row seats also are more comfortable and wider in the innova.
    3. maintenace will be cheaper with the innova.
    4. city driving, stop and go traffic, the innova is much more suited. not much use for the power of the montero's engine.
    5. toyota's alarm system, allows you to lock the doors without the need to start the engine. in the montero's default system, after disarming the alarm and entering, you cannot lock the doors without turning the ignition on first.
    6. if you get the innova, better the g, it has arm rests for the 2nd row for comfort which can be folded for another passenger seat. the v has captain seats in the 2nd row which seats only 2.
    7. driving a monterosport makes you a little more "choosy" regarding parking (security-wise) vs an innova.

if you have other uses than the above, need for power, higher ground clearance and flood fording ability, strong road presence, etc, the monterosport is the one for you. do test drive both, that will be the clincher so you'll be able to make a more intelligent choice. hope this helps.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI125 View Post

Condolence sa papa mo... :pope:

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pingpongdad View Post
    vs the montero,
    1. in driving comfort, its hard to beat the innova, i find myself fidgeting in the montero trying to get that sweet spot especially in long drives.
    2. the 2nd and 3rd row seats also are more comfortable and wider in the innova.
    3. maintenace will be cheaper with the innova.
    4. city driving, stop and go traffic, the innova is much more suited. not much use for the power of the montero's engine.
    5. toyota's alarm system, allows you to lock the doors without the need to start the engine. in the montero's default system, after disarming the alarm and entering, you cannot lock the doors without turning the ignition on first.
    6. if you get the innova, better the g, it has arm rests for the 2nd row for comfort which can be folded for another passenger seat. the v has captain seats in the 2nd row which seats only 2.
    7. driving a monterosport makes you a little more "choosy" regarding parking (security-wise) vs an innova.

if you have other uses than the above, need for power, higher ground clearance and flood fording ability, strong road presence, etc, the monterosport is the one for you. do test drive both, that will be the clincher so you'll be able to make a more intelligent choice. hope this helps.
    Being a bestseller, takaw carnap din ang Innova eh. Pare-pareho lang sila. As compared to the Fortuner, the Innova is actually quite agile due to the lesser weight. With the torque coming in early and such a wide torque plateau, its really not very far off from the non-VGT Montero in terms of performance and with a significant advantage in the fuel efficiency department. The Innova's flood fording ability is also quite respectable. Don't let the minivan shape fool you, hood level floods are no problem for this one!

But then the Innova is not really very comfortable. Though better than the Fortuner, it can still get quite harsh at times due to the ladder frame chassis.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Bare Monty or Full Monty?

I've always said: "Pay more for the car... not for the toys."... Toys like CD Changers, in-dash or seat-back VCD players and screens and whatnot mean nothing when selling the car several years down the road, when even the cheapest cars now have iPOd connectivity and DVD/media touchscreen players available as options.

Imagine you've paid extra for toys nowadays... then in a few years, they become as obsolete as suitcase-sized cellphones? If you want toys, buy them outside. In-dash screens nowadays are cheap.

By that logic, the Montero would be the more logical choice... but:

-The Innova has more passenger space in the second and third rows. It's better than the Fortuner, too.

-The Innova is more stable. Yes, you wouldn't want to thrash it going to Tanay, but it's very stable and predictable... it simply understeers at the limit. The Montero rolls, pitches and dives because it's a taller car.

-The Innova is fuel efficient. Lower powered engine is geared for economy, and the body is lighter.

Only minus: The Innova won't be as flood-worthy (but the level of flood where that becomes a problem is the kind of flood you shouldn't try to cross in the first place) and the ride is not as good as the Monty. It's a bit harsh.

----

Me? Get the base "E" Innova diesel in MT. Then kit it out to your heart's content. Leatherette seat covers, in-dash touchscreen, new set of speakers, mags (get secondhand Camry mags, maybe)... you won't even come close to the top-of-the-line Innova's price.
    for some reason i agree with this logic. and why not go straight for J kasi nakakabitan na daw sa banawe ng power windows ang innova j

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ But what about the airbags?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    "But then the Innova is not really very comfortable. Though better than the Fortuner, it can still get quite harsh at times due to the ladder frame chassis."

innova seats have better thigh support vs the montero. and i think for bigger and taller drivers and longer drives more comfort.

the montero is also on a ladder-frame chassis.

several fora have compared comfort between the fort and monty. its always the monty which has been regarded as the one with better tuned suspensions. the 2012 fort has been said to have adjusted its seats (i guess, more padding) and tuned its shocks and suspension for a much better ride but then again, the comparo is between the monty and the innova.

still the best way for the TS to know is through a test drive. it will give real time feedback to the end-user, whose opinion is the one that matters anyway.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Car-to-car, the Monty does have more to offer (higher ground clearance, power, etc) and i'd never consider the Innova V even if i could afford it. For me, the best Innova model to get is really the E variant if you're just looking for a good and reliable, all around vehicle. Thus, if you're at that price range already, go for the Monty but if you want to save more, get the lower variant Innova.

I also agree with Niky on floods. Yes the Monty would be more flood fording capable but would you even really venture into high waters unless ultimately needed?

*AKI, condolences and my prayers for your family bro.
    Last edited by vinj; May 21st, 2012 at 09:26 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
High end toyota innova (V or G) vs stripped montero sport (2012 non vgt glx or gls)