New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Thank you for all of your feedbacks. I decided to go for the MB100.

I'm looking for a CMC model with ending plate numbers 3,4,7,8,9 or 0, 1st owned, preferrably silver, but any color will do, except white, well maintained and direct seller.

Maybe you guys can refer some sellers.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    huwag ng MB100, go for other vans(starex or jap vans na lang). Sobrang mahal ang maintenance and parts. At sasakyan lang iyan ng mga sobrang yaman na tsinay. My ate is a teacher at ica greenhills. Pag sinusundo namin siya, panay MB100 ang van ng mga ultra wealthy students nila. I guess these people can afford the very expensive maintenance cost and parts kaya iyang MB ay makikita mo lang lagi sa makati at greenhills (area ng mga wealthy chinese families). Stick with the starex na lang or the Hi-Ace...iyan ang van namin kasi and mas mura ang parts.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just scout the ads. CMC units are pretty easy to find. And by this time, anything that needs fixing would have been fixed by the previous owner. If not, the low resale value guarantees that you will not go anywhere near the price of a brand-new MB100 even if you have to fix lots of stuff.

CMC:
    *CMC badge on radiator support bracket
    *Small side mirrors
    *Small MB emblem above the grill
    *Non-rotating (but reclining) bench seats on row 2-3 with split folding bench on row 4
    *Mercedes logo on steering wheel
    *No inside tailgate release handle
    *Manual dual a/c
    *Bigger radiator
    *Shorter axle gearing

Recalls:
    *Reinforced door handles (inner mechanisms replaced with metal instead of plastic)
    *Revised air intake system
    *Revised a/c pipe routing

Improvements along the line:
    *Heavier flywheel (quieter)
    *Improved a/c system
    *Shifter redesigned with more robust components

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Go for MB100 Lakas A/C, Ganda pa ng Dating

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    for the MB100...

how does the engine drive the front wheels, transverse shaft from the tranny then may differential? (curious lang)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm planning to buy a 2nd hand van. Ano mas maganda, HiAce or MB100? ok ba parts availability ng MB100? parts cost of the 2? 2.5/2.8/3.0 na HiAce, is there a big difference in power, like in going up Baguio di ba bitin pag 2.5 lang engine? Alternate choices to these 2, ano recommended nyo? Starex? needs to be diesel.

intended use nga pala is "van for rent" business. any comments will be appreciated. thanks!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Both are okay vans, I guess, but the Hiace will definitely be easier to fix. The MB100 has a 2.9, so power isn't bad, but it's ass slow. I don't like the interior plastics, they're too easily damaged. The AC is good, though. The 2.5 Hiace feels weak in mountain climbing... but this only means slower ascents, not an inability to climb at all.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Starex is a nice choice, also, but a Hiace is an ideal rental vehicle. Only problem is non-Subic secondhands cost an arm and a leg. I should know, my cousin is selling one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may natignan na nga kami na 2 units na subic hiace, 2.5 A/T (320k) and the 3.0 A/T(390k). ganda sana kaso nga nasa left side yung sliding door. ok lang sana sa akin na converted kasi balak ko naman na baguhin lahat ng steering parts, kaso lang hindi yata pwede palagyan ng door sa right side ehehehehe. kung pwede lang e di ok na ok sana 2 sliding doors di ba, kaso di daw pwede. saka yung subic versions na nakita ko e puro 7 seaters lang (2 captains+2 rotating captains+3 folding).

hanap ko talaga yung local version na 3.0L, 11/12 seater. try ko sa mga banks baka meron repossesed na units. ano ba usual price ng 2nd hand units?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    2.4L 2L hi ace is the choice among van rentals. Its more economical in terms of maintenance and fuel economy than the 3.0L engine in the grandia.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
HiAce or MB100 AND MB100 or Urvan Escapade?