New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Guys, the situation just took a unexpected turn .. wife and I visited Hyundai Marcos Hway today since she wanted to take a look at the Tucson also... she liked the interior of the Tucson better than the Sportage... now she wants the Tucson 2WD CRDI-SU...

Personally, I did think the Tucson's interior was a bit better (a bit more upscale and less "plasticky-looking" were the wife's exact words )

With the Tucson 2WD CRDI-SpecUp unit, we were told it would come with ABS, driver airbag and back-up sensor (and of course the wife's preferred interiors)... but still it's a 2WD... vs my original choice 4WD Sportage CRDI..

What do you guys think...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    would you really need the 4x4 feature? Is it an all wheel drive or a true 4x4 vehicle (with 4 hi and low). If it is 4x4 then can the sportage take heavy off roading? I have a farm and I use a 4x4 truck and an old LR Discovery believe me kawawa yung mga CRV and other small SUV if you take it up there.

So, if you don't need 4wd then you will make your wife happy and eventually she will make you happy - :D

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    Guys, the situation just took a unexpected turn .. wife and I visited Hyundai Marcos Hway today since she wanted to take a look at the Tucson also... she liked the interior of the Tucson better than the Sportage... now she wants the Tucson 2WD CRDI-SU...

Personally, I did think the Tucson's interior was a bit better (a bit more upscale and less "plasticky-looking" were the wife's exact words )

With the Tucson 2WD CRDI-SpecUp unit, we were told it would come with ABS, driver airbag and back-up sensor (and of course the wife's preferred interiors)... but still it's a 2WD... vs my original choice 4WD Sportage CRDI..

tapos ang usapan dito sir hehe

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hehe i guess you guys are correct... above all factors, the "wife-factor" is quite a powerful one and good point on the 4WD-thing edtf, thanks for enlightening me

edtf:
    would you really need the 4x4 feature? Is it an all wheel drive or a true 4x4 vehicle (with 4 hi and low). If it is 4x4 then can the sportage take heavy off roading? I have a farm and I use a 4x4 truck and an old LR Discovery believe me kawawa yung mga CRV and other small SUV if you take it up there.

So, if you don't need [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]4wd[/color][/color] then you will make your wife happy and eventually she will make you happy - :D
    lui:
    tapos ang usapan dito sir hehe
    btw, OT, lui did you see the thread on the complaint against hyundai abad? http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45338

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hehe i guess you guys are correct... above all factors, the "wife-factor" is quite a powerful one and good point on the 4WD-thing edtf, thanks for enlightening me

edtf:lui: btw, OT, lui did you see the thread on the complaint against hyundai abad? http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45338
    ngaun ko palang po nabasa, 7am boss redhorse txt me may thread daw abt sa dealership namen. d ko nman alam na complaint pla

6. Join Date
    May 2007

Honestly kahit Hyundai Tucson ok naman rin! (hehehehe) Hyundai rin naman kase dinadrive ko Sir Sinner... (hehehehehe)
    Si Sir Lui makakatulong sa inyo to get a good deal sa Hyundai! Talk to him na lang para sya na ang mag-asikaso sa preferred car ninyo.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Honestly kahit Hyundai Tucson ok naman rin! (hehehehe) Hyundai rin naman kase dinadrive ko Sir Sinner... (hehehehehe)
    Si Sir Lui makakatulong sa inyo to get a good deal sa Hyundai! Talk to him na lang para sya na ang mag-asikaso sa preferred car ninyo.
    thanks mam LR

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks LadyRider

Lui, could you pm me your BEST deal for the CRDI-SU? Wanna compare with what others have been offering would it matter whether cash or financing or what? And what if the company will get it for us and we'll just specify which dealership to get it from?

Thanks for all the advise guys

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Both cars I think are great, and they're both korean (by Korean, I mean compliment). If you're not gonna use the car for a lot of offroading, then you don't need a 4WD. I'd pick the Tucson anytime. If only I could afford it, id definitely get it.
    There's something with Hyundai cars that i like. Especially the latest models, hindi mo na mamura-mura.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sinner bro., meron na bang ABS yung tucson 2wd? yung tucson 4x4 (top of the line) yata may ABS na and 1.2M din yata ang price nun kaya kung gusto mo rin ng 4x4, puwede mo gawing option yun. (paki correct na lang po kung tama pa rin yung price na alam ko as to date). peace out!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Help newbie pls. Sportage 4WD or Tucson 2WD (both AT/crdi)