New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi guys. New here, although been reading a lot of informative and helpful threads... hoping you could help us out

My wife and I are in the market for a new suv (budget is limited to P1.1~1.2M). Choices have been narrowed down to Sportage 4WD and Tucson 2WD (both AT/crdi). Both are about the same price (around P1.1M I think).

I know there's a similar thread/poll, but I'd like to get down to 2 specific models, namely the Tucson 2WD and the Sportage 4WD (both AT/crdi).

Originally inclined to the Tucson for the looks (however, seems too common nowadays). Got the attention of the Sportage since for the same price of the Tucson 2WD, Sportage is already 4WD.

What would you well-informed members of this site recommend?

What are the pluses of a Sportage 4WD vs a Tucson 2WD?

Do we have any other alternatives that we missed to include in our choices?

Hope you guys can help us would need to decide quite soon...

Thanks so much and more power to TSIKOT! MARAMING SALAMAT PO

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, the Tucson and Sportage are mechanically the same more or less as Kia is a sister company of Hyundai.

I'd definitely get the Sportage over the Tucson since it's already 4x4 and on a personal taste, i like the looks of the Sportage more.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    *sinner,

Bro, it would be good for you to read the other thread on "Sportage vs. Tucson" here. Lots of inputs...

Personally for me though, it would be the Sportage 4x4 CRDi, although they are both of the same great quality. Get the 4x4! and do a test drive! Try KIA Motors Esguerra in Q.C. They're ok.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    4x4 is a plus factor

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Sportage 4WD too.

OT: Had a bad experience with Kia Esguerra. Try Kia Cubao too.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    thanks for the insight guys! really appreciate them!
    found the other related threads... and i'm more inclined now towards the sportage crdi :D

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    thanks for the insight guys! really appreciate them!
    found the other related threads... and i'm more inclined now towards the sportage crdi :D
    Hello there Sir Sinner! If I were you, I will also get the 4x4 Sportage! Ok na ang price saka tipid din sa gasolina kase diesel engine! Tapos kapag gusto mo pang i set-up, ang gaganda ng mga accessories! Oh and by the way, kung malapit ka sa Kia New Manila beside the Hyundai Showroom in E. Rodriguez, Q.C., I definitely recommend there kase aside from more stocks especially with your preferred colors, marami sila at magaling ang serbisyo nila!
    Last edited by LadyRider; December 8th, 2007 at 02:13 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks so much LadyRider appreciate your helpful comments (and to the rest who gave their inputs)

Will definitely be going for the 4WD Sportage

More power to TSIKOT and its members!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Hello there Sir Sinner! If I were you, I will also get the 4x4 Sportage! Ok na ang price saka tipid din sa gasolina kase diesel engine! Tapos kapag gusto mo pang i set-up, ang gaganda ng mga accessories! Oh and by the way, kung malapit ka sa Kia New Manila beside the Hyundai Showroom in E. Rodriguez, Q.C., I definitely recommend there kase aside from more stocks especially with your preferred colors, marami sila at magaling ang serbisyo nila!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    The downside with local Kia is that they removed most of the safety features (e.g. airbags, abs, ebd, etc) that's why they can price their cars lower than mainstream Japanese brands.

On the positive side, Kia has good niche models like the Carens which I think hardly has a head on competition in its class at the moment.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Sportage has ABS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Help newbie pls. Sportage 4WD or Tucson 2WD (both AT/crdi)