New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The Cruze LS is not really cheaper than the Lancer EX

Check this: http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/u...UPricelist.jpg

The Lancer EX has been selling with an SRP and a big discount for quite a while. The latest discount offer makes the Lancer EX GLS cheaper at P895,000.00 (discounts inclusive).

To compare: Cruze LS AT = P908,888.00

How can you claim better fuel economy when the body is one of the heaviest in the car class?

Isn't it heavy car body + small engine = high fuel consumption?

The automatic tranny is oversold by Chevy and by the fan-boys.

They would quickly overlook the real world lack of performance of the Cruze A/T. 0-100kph in 15 seconds. (where most cars like the Corolla 1.6L or Civic 1.8L would do it in 10 seconds.) That is more than five or six cars behind if you try to do a quarter mile drag race.

So what if it is slower? Well, you might find yourself wanting to overtake a car (or bus, or a slow jeepney) but you can't because you simply can not accelerate fast enough even with your foot on the floor.
    WOW!!! a 100K+ discount: they should've just changed the price... If thats the case I would go for the GT-A at around 1.140m after the insane discounts...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    WOW!!! a 100K+ discount: they should've just changed the price... If thats the case I would go for the GT-A at around 1.140m after the insane discounts...
    Hey boys! We have a convert here for the Lancer EX camp!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post

Technically its an Opel/Holden/Daewoo/GM car... better to have been built by 4 car companies than just only 1...
    So that explains the difficulty in getting one repaired; you have to go through four times the bureaucratic BS compared to dealing with just one.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Why is it that MMPC didn't include the 1.8L 4B10 engine in its Philippine Lancer EX lineup? It would have comprised the bulk of Lancer EX sales if they did so. And then they would have had a more fuel efficient variant that can easily battle it out with the likes of the Cruze.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Why is it that MMPC didn't include the 1.8L 4B10 engine in its Philippine Lancer EX lineup? It would have comprised the bulk of Lancer EX sales if they did so. And then they would have had a more fuel efficient variant that can easily battle it out with the likes of the Cruze.
    I think it was a cost cutting decision to only have one engine type to sell and support.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Im clocking 8-9km/L city driving with my MX, I dunno if thats thirsty or what, my buddy who has a 1.6 manual altis gets 9-10.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I think it was a cost cutting decision to only have one engine type to sell and support.
    Well, their "cost cutting decision" didn't just cut their costs. It also cut their profits, selling potential of the Lancer EX and sales chart performance.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, their "cost cutting decision" didn't just cut their costs. It also cut their profits, selling potential of the Lancer EX and sales chart performance.
    They still retained the older Lancer models for the "economy" end of the scale.

And I think the bulk of Mitsubishi sales is in the SUV/AUV & commercial vehicle sales and not in passenger cars.

But it is only my guess.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    They still retained the older Lancer models for the "economy" end of the scale.

And I think the bulk of Mitsubishi sales is in the SUV/AUV & commercial vehicle sales and not in passenger cars.

But it is only my guess.
    They may have fielded an Altis 1.6 competitor, but they failed to field another for the Civic 1.8, which happens to have the biggest share in the compact sedan market.

Besides, I think its high time they refreshed their commercial vehicle lineup. A Fuzion with a 4D56 Di-D engine and perhaps a new L300 with the Delica or Space Gear head and 4D56 TDIC engine would be nice.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Besides, I think its high time they refreshed their commercial vehicle lineup. A Fuzion with a 4D56 Di-D engine and perhaps a new L300 with the Delica or Space Gear head and 4D56 TDIC engine would be nice.
    +1 here, although not a fan of fuzion....mas maganda pa nga ang design ng L300 exceed than the versa van.

back to topic....for me, cruze....but i still don't know if there are some positive feedback on this car as far as aftersales (under new management) is concerned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
HELP!! Mitsubishi lancer ex gls or Chevrolet cruze ls a/t