New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hello Guys,
    My wife is looking at promoting one of her staff and giving her a service car so that she can be mobile and do audit work for the retail shops. I would like to know your comments. My considerations are the following:

1. Price - Alam ko panalo ang Alto. Cno and 2nd?
    2. Fuel consumption - Cno ba ang panalo sa tatlo?
    3. Build Quality? Need your comments here.
    4. Long term Reliability - Alto di pa natin masabi kasi bago pa. ang picanto and Getz sino ang mas reliable? We expect to retain the car for at least 5 years.
    5. Ride Quality?
    6. Aircon, okay lang ba lahat? Huwag lang di kaya pag noontime and summer.
    7. Cost of Casa Maintenance? Sino ang mas mura?
    8. Cost of spare parts? Sino ang mas mura?

puro good roads driving lang gagamitin ito. Areas na pupuntahan antipolo, Pateros, Marikina, San Mateo, Tanay, Siniloan. Most of the time, magisa lang siya and girl ang driver and petite lang and ang karga ay konti lang. Di kailangan na mabilis importante matipid.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    From What I've read from Getz club and picanto club and for my personal experience. Ok both Picanto and Getz. Almost same ang maintenance na gastos. But picanto is more fuel efficient than the Getz. sa 1.1 L that is. Sa alto I don't know.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    picanto because of its size is more fuel efficient...build quality forget mo muna si alto...reliability same lang picanto and getz...ride quality panalo ang getz...aircon from reviews picanto and getz are ok even at summer...cost of maintenance,parts same din picanto/getz...

among the 3 i choose getz, being bigger its more comfortable to ride and secured in the highways but since you are looking on which is more economical in the long run better go for picanto...don't take your risk sa alto

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    following a getz about a month ago, it accelerates fast, and its nimble and seemed stable even at 120kph,observed that for about 70 kilometers...hehehe..kababayan ko pala nasundan ko..havent seen an alto...picanto seems pedestrian on highways.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Most of the time, magisa lang siya and girl ang driver and petite lang and ang karga ay konti lang.
    since space is not an issue, pica over getz, go for the pica but then you'll never know when you need that extra space. if the new local picas' rear seats are fold and tumble, then go for the pica. else, the getz's bigger cabin and fold and tumble rear seats would come in handy if the need for space arises.
    Last edited by B2Bomber; May 10th, 2007 at 02:11 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Hello Guys,
    My wife is looking at promoting one of her staff and giving her a service car so that she can be mobile and do audit work for the retail shops. I would like to know your comments. My considerations are the following:

1. Price - Alam ko panalo ang Alto. Cno and 2nd?
    2. Fuel consumption - Cno ba ang panalo sa tatlo?
    3. Build Quality? Need your comments here.
    4. Long term Reliability - Alto di pa natin masabi kasi bago pa. ang picanto and Getz sino ang mas reliable? We expect to retain the car for at least 5 years.
    5. Ride Quality?
    6. Aircon, okay lang ba lahat? Huwag lang di kaya pag noontime and summer.
    7. Cost of Casa Maintenance? Sino ang mas mura?
    8. Cost of spare parts? Sino ang mas mura?

puro good roads driving lang gagamitin ito. Areas na pupuntahan antipolo, Pateros, Marikina, San Mateo, Tanay, Siniloan. Most of the time, magisa lang siya and girl ang driver and petite lang and ang karga ay konti lang. Di kailangan na mabilis importante matipid.
    1. Picanto comes second.
    2. No real-world results, yet, but from talks with the dealer, they're getting good numbers from the Alto. Although mukhang "barok", it's actually EFI
    3. In terms of build quality, all three seem somewhat solid, at least. But in terms of materials used, the Picanto and Getz are leagues ahead of the Alto.
    4. Insufficient data. The Picanto and Getz are new designs, there's no word on how they'll last to 5 years. Word from the Picanto owners is encouraging. The Alto is an old design and is apparently quite reliable (this indian-assembled version is sold in Japan)
    5. Getz over Picanto over Alto. The Alto deals with bumps well enough, but the tires are very thin, making it very darty.
    6. Alto's aircon is very good. Of course, the Alto is very small.
    7./8. Unknown.

While the Alto is not bad for commuting, per se, if your wife can afford the price difference (about 70-90k pesos), get the Picanto or the Getz. It'll afford higher visibility for your business. Stick some vinyls advertising your business on the side.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it's for your staff, then get the Alto.

If it's for yourself - I'd go withthe Getz CRDi. The Picanto looks a tad bit too feminine for me though.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Since its a business need, I'll go for the Alto =)

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    120k ang price difference ng picanto sa alto... sayang yang 130k na yan..

490k na ang picanto..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Any tsikoteer who owns an alto? Share naman your experience
    with the alto. From the Getz and Picanto threads, mukhang satisfied
    to very satisfied naman ang mga owners nito, but I still have to see
    an Alto thread.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
Alto vs. Picanto vs. Getz