New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Type_Z View Post
    Honda City 1.3 user ako sir, so far wala naman problema ung auto. FC ko naglalaro sa 12-13KM per liter (City driving) 16-17KM per liter (Highway drving). Ung cabin space at trunk space talagang malaki if icocompare niyo to other subcompact sa market. Dinala namin sa Baguio 5 pax then puno ung trunk(as in puno) hindi naman bitin ung hatak sa Kennon Rd. as long na may bwelo.

Between Honda City/Hyundai Accent, kung plano niyo i keep ung auto for 8-10 years, Honda City nalang, mas mura maintenance and parts ng gasoline engine if icocompare niyo sa diesel engine, un nga lang mas mura naman ang diesel ng 10 pesos per liter. If plan niyo naman i keep ung auto for about 5 years Hyundai Accent na sir
    Hi Sir, so you think overall ung Honda City 1.3S hindi naman bitin sa hatak? I've read some forum saying na nakukulangan daw pag nag oovertake?
    Thanks ulit Sir.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Pag FC , sure winner ang diesel so Accent ang panalo.

For your other criteria, City ang panalo IMO.

But overall, I'd go for the City or like what XTO recommended, Vios para bagong bago
    Hi Sir. Thanks sa inputs. Maganda nga ang bagong labas ng Vios. Baka pag lumabas na to next month lalo ako mhihirapan sa pagpili ng auto.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by archinox View Post
    Hi Sir, so you think overall ung Honda City 1.3S hindi naman bitin sa hatak? I've read some forum saying na nakukulangan daw pag nag oovertake?
    Thanks ulit Sir.
    For me, di naman ako nabibitin kapag magooovertake.Di naman din ako speed maniac kaya siguro di ko napapansin sir ung sinasabi na bitin ung hatak. (BTW manual tranny pala ung City ko) Pero kung icocompare mo siya sa Accent CRDi, lamang po talaga Accent since CRDi makina nun. Un kasi advantage ng diesel engine.

Eto pala sir, review ni sir Niky sa Honda City.

Review: Honda City 1.5 EL AT - Drives

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    vios naman pala sa iyo e hindi honda. iba po ang makina ng toyota sa honda. honda engines are high revving, develops peak torque at very high rpm. toyota engines have peak torque at low to medium rpms, thereby delivering better climbing ability and better city traffic experience.

sabi mo nga know your car well. but you don't know the honda city do you? i have driven 2 hondas (test drove the city and civic) and in both cases i found the engines anemic and torque-less. mas malakas pa hatak ng old 1.3 liter mazda 323 ko nuon kesa sa 1.8 liter honda civic e.

here's the latest comparo between vios and city from topgear >>>

Sedan options: Honda City vs Toyota Vios - Wrong Car/Right Car Online
    Ahh ganon ba idol, eh napakaexage naman ng case mo eh na wala kang nakikitang honda city na umakaakyat ng baguio eh ako nga nakakakita ng cd5, eon and etc. Na mas maliit engine sa city na madalas umakyat ng baguio. So sa tingin ko hindi paper detail ang sagot sa disagreement ko sayo, pakicorrect na alng na honda city has enough torque at high rpm. Madami ka palang honda na sasakyan dagdagan mo pa.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited by brainmafia_310; June 12th, 2013 at 04:53 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I would pick the Honda City, my experience with Honda is that prices of parts or servicing is reasonable. In the long run it may be easier and cheaper to get maintenance/repairs done.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    I would pick the Honda City, my experience with Honda is that prices of parts or servicing is reasonable. In the long run it may be easier and cheaper to get maintenance/repairs done.
    in my opinion, i can say the same with my toyota.. heh heh. each to his own..
    koreans? none of my acquaintances who own koreans, have good words to describe their service.. but that's just them..
    my last experience with koreans was in 2005, and i do not remember unhappy thoughts with them then.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 12th, 2013 at 01:47 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    My dad was lent a City 1.3 AT for a week
    lets just say he was completely underwhelmed by its performance in the highway (the fastest they got it was 140 ish.... downhill in actex)
    I tried it myself, it wasnt so bad... But if you are used to powerful suvs or bigger engined sedans, you will be disappointed

But forget what i just said, its your first car, reliability and safety are paramount
    If you decide to bring it to Tagaytay, just don't overtake much, you will probably not lose more than 20 minutes on the trip

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    para sakin, city is my pick. crdi engine is great but having an experience with a starex crdi... When the crdi broke down, it would cost an arm and a leg.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    My dad was lent a City 1.3 AT for a week
    lets just say he was completely underwhelmed by its performance in the highway (the fastest they got it was 140 ish.... downhill in actex)
    I tried it myself, it wasnt so bad... But if you are used to powerful suvs or bigger engined sedans, you will be disappointed

But forget what i just said, its your first car, reliability and safety are paramount
    If you decide to bring it to Tagaytay, just don't overtake much, you will probably not lose more than 20 minutes on the trip
    Nasa driver naman yan. I've taken the City 1.3S to 140 on fairly short stretch of C5 so pushing for about 180 on SLEX/SCTEX is definitely possible.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Nasa driver naman yan. I've taken the City 1.3S to 140 on fairly short stretch of C5 so pushing for about 180 on SLEX/SCTEX is definitely possible.
    The car was a 2009, it was a company fleet car so it may have not been well taken care of, and that was driven in a fairly busy highway so gaps arent big
    In two lane highways we tend to slow down when passing, you never know when they might change lane, actex only has 2 lanes
    small 1.3 cars tend to struggle above 150,

to OP
    everything I said is irrelevant, the city ir a vios are very good cars in all guises

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast