New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I need to choose among these vehicles for my wife please help me decide. It will be used mainly for fetching kids to school approximated distance traveled daily is 40km. Her current car is Kia Picanto AT and she wants a bit bigger so as not getting bullied by bigger cars. Budget is between 800k to 900k.

Criteria:
    1. Matipid sa gas.
    2. Higher fording capability since the way to school is flood prone.
    3. Easy to park.
    4. Cheap and easy to maintain.
    5. Off course may dating.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    I need to choose among these vehicles for my wife please help me decide. It will be used mainly for fetching kids to school approximated distance traveled daily is 40km. Her current car is Kia Picanto AT and she wants a bit bigger so as not getting bullied by bigger cars. Budget is between 800k to 900k.

My take / choices on these:

Criteria:
    1. Matipid sa gas. - Accent CRDI
    2. Higher fording capability since the way to school is flood prone. - Ecosport
    3. Easy to park. - Ecosport
    4. Cheap and easy to maintain. - Mazda 2
    - Ecosport

3. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    If hindi naman always bumabaha. I vote accent crdi. Can't beat a diesel sa tipid nang gas consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    - Ecosport
    You can also add Suzuki ertiga--
    Kung isasampa mo-- vote ko ertiga-
    It's a 7 seater ba din better for family use..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post

Criteria:
    1. Matipid sa gas.
    2. Higher fording capability since the way to school is flood prone.
    3. Easy to park.
    4. Cheap and easy to maintain.
    In order of priority ba to? Jimny sana isasagot ko e, pero not sure kung "may dating" ba to ke esmi mo kasi toys for the big boys ang datingan nyan. So for me it fits the bill. bitin lang sa creature comforts, i think.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    i can vouch for accent crdi, hindi lang matipid sa gas (14-15km/l city driving, 20-24 km/l highway) it's also fast! but 2. Higher fording capability since the way to school is flood prone - but kung ganito lagi scenario i would probably choose ecosport

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    +1 on the Suzuki Ertiga. Avoid Korean brands, it's not the brand that's the issue, it's the dealers and the way their system is setup.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    mukhang ecosport na nga ang maka-satisfy ng conditions niyo bos.

suggest ko sana chevy trax pero medyo lampas pala sa budget niyo. bakit nga ba mas mahal sa ecosport iyon?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    mukhang ecosport na nga ang maka-satisfy ng conditions niyo bos.

suggest ko sana chevy trax pero medyo lampas pala sa budget niyo. bakit nga ba mas mahal sa ecosport iyon?
    It comes with a turbo petrol engine (1.4L turbo). However, it's one of the cheapest cars available with a turbo petrol engine at 998k for the base model. Another turbo car available at 900k is the Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost.

Based on the criteria above, I guess it's the Ecosport. Not sure though if it's as fuel efficient as some vehicles with a 1.5L NA engine. Regarding maintenance, Ford and Honda are not known to be cheap to maintain locally. Mazda offers Yojin3 promo (free maintenance for the first 3 years) but not sure how much it will cost later on.
    Last edited by Egan101; July 20th, 2016 at 10:05 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Stretch your budget a bit and buy the previous model Montero Sport. Yes they still are selling those in Mitsubishi dealers. Big discounts as well.

That solves all your concerns. Except the parking bit (practice lang).

No, I am not a Mitsubishi fan boy or an agent.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast