New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Thanks for your inputs! how about gas consumption? how many liters per km do they consume - xtrail? crv ? rav4?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The 2.0 4x2 Xtrail (A/T) consumption figures are about 7-8km/li. city driving (q.c. to makati and back). Highway consumption figures are about 10 km/li. (qc-subic and back).

The ride quality is excellent mainly because of the supportive seats. No problems with the a/c, plus it has a microbe filter for those with sensitivity to pollens or allergens. I believe it has one of the shortest turn radiuses among the present crop of CUV's at 4.2m. lock-to-lock.

Road handling is quite good and the Xtrail is pretty compliant with the driver's steering inputs. Just don't mistake this for a sedan though since it has more heft than an ordinary passenger car. Highway driving is a breeze and the 2.0 engine produces enough power to do your normal overtaking maneouvers. It's not, however, built to win any races and if speed is your cup of tea, look to the CRV or RAV4 for extra performance.

Depending on the model, the dealer-equipped stereo can accomodate your i pod or other MP3 player using a mini-jack adapter.

As with any other a/t vehicle, fuel consumption suffers when you're stuck in slow-moving traffic, so expect FC figures to go down if you're city destinations are not properly planned out. This goes for all CUV's across the board. My observation though, is if you can use higher octane fuel, do it coz there is some toping if you use 93 octane unleaded fuel.

PMS costs are quite reasonable with the oil, oil filter, air filter and spark plugs (if required) being replaced. It'll cost you around P3k, sometimes less.

Complaints are with the interior plastic finishes which are too easily marked with scratches. You'd think that since its introduction about 5 years ago Nissan would've remedied this but NO! Still, you'll appreciate the location of the cupholders both in front and back.

All in all, its a very satisfying ownership experience for current gen Xtrail owners and I bet most will keep them for a couple of years until a better model comes along.
    Last edited by Altis6453; October 24th, 2007 at 04:17 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    SUV....

Kakatakot kasi madalas ganyan ang target ng car jackers.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Altis

Thanks for all that info. I was looking into buying this 4x4 2004 xtrail model.. for 650k? around 30kms mileage... is this already a good buy?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    1st choice - Xtrail. Good handling. If you wnt more power get the 2.5 engine.
    2nd choice - Rav. Ganda ng styling but kinda bouncy yung ride compared sa xty and masikip.
    3rd choice - CRV. Very harsh yung suspension nito. avoid getting the 10 seater versions. Tapos yung engine nito is known to eat alot of oil and lakas sa gas compared to the 4x2 versions of the rav and xty.

650k for a 250x xty is kinda ok na. Make sure lang na replaced na yung recall part nito.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightRider07PH View Post
    SUV....

Kakatakot kasi madalas ganyan ang target ng car jackers.
    That's for the X-Trail & CR-V only.

The carnap/jack incidents for the Rav4 is very low and scarce. Buti na lang hindi masyadong mabenta yung Mark II Rav4.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    IMO - get a second hand SUV for that kind of money... more metal for your money.
    Akala ko ba galit ka sa RAV4 mo...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i'll go with rav4. toyota durability as they say, pero sa akin nasa gumagamit yan... kahit anong tibay basta walgn maintenance at barumbado mag drive. masisisra din yan.

crv gen 2 panget ride, and gasgasin yung loob reason kaya madaming for sale ngayon

x trail ganda ng ride, panget loob like the crv gasgasin ang sidings and panget dash.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    1st choice - Xtrail. Good handling. If you wnt more power get the 2.5 engine.
    2nd choice - Rav. Ganda ng styling but kinda bouncy yung ride compared sa xty and masikip.
    3rd choice - CRV. Very harsh yung suspension nito. avoid getting the 10 seater versions. Tapos yung engine nito is known to eat alot of oil and lakas sa gas compared to the 4x2 versions of the rav and xty.

650k for a 250x xty is kinda ok na. Make sure lang na replaced na yung recall part nito.
    Hello 2Slow: What did you mean by the Xtrail;s "recall parts"? What were the reported repairs needed? I am also considering a 2nd hand SUV purchase instead of a new compact car like the Civic or Mazdea 3 or an Innova.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    go for X-trail.my younger brother has one.ang sarap imaneho.kahit na 2.0L lang niya,yung QR20DE,its torquey,smooth power delivery and hindi ako nabibitin kahit na matic siya,considering na sanay ako sa manual.inside,it's spacious,maganda pagkakaupo mo.....basta i have a lot of good things to say 'bout it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Help Me Decide: 2nd-hand Rav4/Xtrail/CRV?