New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    hi guys!

I just sold my car.. and now I'm planning to buy a new car...or a 2nd hand suv. My budget is around 650k and I was thinking of buying either a 2nd hand rav, an xtrail or a crv?

The truth of the matter is.. I don't have any idea as to which amongst the three is better. Can you help me decide? Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    IMO, brand new is always better than 2nd hand, personally, I would go for the X-trail, meron kasi yung friend ko, nung nasakyan ko ang ganda ng ride at ang lamig ng aircon although the aircon is already a given since Nissans are really known for their aircon. Another SUV you might want to consider is the Hyundai Tucson, as I read from other threads on this forum I find that the Tucson gets good reviews.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Eh baka u decide on a particular car pero wala namang nagbebenta. Well may mga particular model na talagang me for sale almost all the time. I think CRV.

Mas maganda research on a particular for sale car. Any of the 3 should be good depending on the condition. Kung me makita kang trip na trip mo talaga kaso laspag naman, dun ka na sa maganda condition tho second/third choice mo lang.

Kailangan mo talagang mag research dahil depende ang car per year/gen.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i say rav4 kasi i own one, i had 2nd gen crv before but rav4 is way better, havent rode xtrail yet

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ano ba yung magiging purpose mo dun sa compact SUV na bibilhin mo? kung gusto mo ng soft ride dun ka sa xtrail at crv (gen1). kung gusto mo ng space dun ka sa crv gen2. kung gusto mo ng medyo matipid sa gas (among the 3) dun ka sa rav4. kung gagamitin mo sa light rough roads dun ka sa rav4.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    tucson CRDi? in this segment they're all gas-guzzlers. so a diesel would provide large money savings in fuel.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    +1. Though the 2nd gen RAV4 is somewhat efficient compared to the other two, a diesel vehicle is far and away more economical.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Well the thread starter is also opting for a brand new car so for the budget of 650k swak na swak ang All New Vios

The SRP is mga 650k PLUS it's got Airbags and ABS for the 1.3 (manual) Vios E variant. Tipid rin yun sa gas compared to any of the SUVs mentioned here. Brand New pa.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    been in this situation a few months back. all 3 are good choices, depende na lang siguro sa purpose
    rav4=matipid, medyo masikip lang, pang binata
    crv (gen2)=maluwag, pang pamilya
    xtrail=all rounder (my choice)
    so we end up getting the crv. wifeys choice eh!
    kung option ang brand new. tucson or sportage

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO - get a second hand SUV for that kind of money... more metal for your money.

Any of the three choices is good, generally just get whichever vehicle has the best running condition but if all things are equal then the Rav4 can be considered the best of its class.

The acceleration & handling of the Rav4 2.0L M/T 4WD is a notch better than the two while the M/T variant delivers reasonable fuel consumption (around 8-9 km/L). Change the original Dueler H/T 687 tires to Turanza ER-30s and the handling dramatically improves while giving a slightly better ride quality although the ride still borders on being harsh.

If you want a more fuel efficient SUV, there's the Rav4 SV 1.8L 2WD. Some owners report of achieving a little above 10km/L on normal Manila conditions. Although with this variant you get less equipment (no airbags & rear disc brakes; no fender flares & roof rails; slimmer tires; etc.).

Space isn't a problem too with its foldable & easily removable seats. I've fitted last weekend 3 medium sized balikbayan boxes, one large & one medium sized travelling bag by just removing half of the rear seat & only folding half of it. The box of a 32" LCD TV fits in perfectly also on the floor by just moving the rear seats a bit forward.

The X-Trial on the other hand has the best ride quality. Though I'm not a fan of the center mounted instrument cluster.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; October 22nd, 2007 at 02:26 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Help Me Decide: 2nd-hand Rav4/Xtrail/CRV?