New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Sirs, I'm a newbie and been going thru various topics here to help me decide which brand new car I should buy in the next few weeks. Budget is 700K thru financing for 5 years. Here are my criteria:
    1. 700K below
    2. All power
    3. FC
    4. Comfort and design

Actually, Vios E is my first choice but masyado kasing common and usually ginagawang taxi, City '09 A is only the base model ng City becoz yung S variant is more than 700K already, Ano ba major distinction ng City A and S except for the price?
    For Lancer, maganda na sana kaso medyo old model na baka may biglang lalabas na new model.. worth din ba if GLS CVT instead of the GLX? Gusto ko din kasi makadrive si misis sa AT.

Mga experts, advise lang po about advantages/dis about these models as my reference in chosing the one for me. BTW, im from Cagayan de Oro.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    City A has ugly looking mags, black side mirror casing and door handles, no alarm and keyless entry and I think no immobilizer... I will let the others say ano pa ba difference...

IMO get the Yaris, sa kabilang thread sinasabi may discount ang Yaris as much as P75K for the automatic I am sure the manual will also have discounts and that should push the price below P700K, I think its the best bet for budgets below P700K.

Yung Lancer luma na model, the new model is the EX model only available in 2.0L. So ginama ng Mitsubishi is to keep the old model para may laban sa 1.6L-1.8L segment...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    go get the vios e and slap some aftermarket mods and rims para distinct at hindi magmukhang taxi

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    you might consider a honda jazz

just dont get the City A. :bwahaha:

Vios E? good choice. get the beige metallic color. and I've heard that it can reach up to 21km/l mixed driving. I agree with tsuper, put some mods.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    [quote=7Pares;1252021]Sirs, ano po distinct difference ng 1.3A at 1.3S? Is it worth the 40K amount?
    The City 1.3 S has:

*Alloy wheels (1.3A has steel rims w/plastic cover)
    vs.
    *Single In-dash CD/MP3 Audio with AUX-in and USB-in (I-pod Control)

*Child Lock
    *Dual SRS Airbags

*Seatbelts Pre-tensioner and Load Limiter

City 1.3 A MT PHP 676,000.00
    City 1.3 S MT PHP 716,000.00

I think for the Php40K difference, the City 1.3 S is worth getting over the overly bare-bones 1.3A. If your budget allows it, get the City 1.3S among all your presented choices. If not, the Vios 1.3 E is fine.

Lancer 1.6 are also good choices for the amount of metal you're going to get for the money. But you'll have to live with the fact that these are outdated models in terms of technology, safety, etc.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    well if gusto mo tlga sulit mag vios E ka n lng.......pero toyota is toyota and honda is honda...BTW my immobilzer na din 1.3A ng city tsaka nakacentral locking na sya. hindi sya BLACK side miror and door handles...same body color sya....exterior dif lng nya kung tutuusin ay mags lng...yun lng compare sa 1.3S...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    City A has ugly looking mags, black side mirror casing and door handles, no alarm and keyless entry and I think no immobilizer... I will let the others say ano pa ba difference...

IMO get the Yaris, sa kabilang thread sinasabi may discount ang Yaris as much as P75K for the automatic I am sure the manual will also have discounts and that should push the price below P700K, I think its the best bet for budgets below P700K.

Yung Lancer luma na model, the new model is the EX model only available in 2.0L. So ginama ng Mitsubishi is to keep the old model para may laban sa 1.6L-1.8L segment...
    sir ask ko lng kung san mo nakita yung 1.3a city na black side mirors and door handles.. i think ur refering sa 1.3 j ng vios.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Even the City A has black side mirror and door handles, hindi ba? Or maybe it was the old model... Sorry di ko sure...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Even the City A has black side mirror and door handles, hindi ba? Or maybe it was the old model... Sorry di ko sure...
    bka sir yung old model po....hehehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    If I were you, I'll just get the City. Since you are planning to have the car financed, I think you deserve the newest model in the market. Remember that the Vios has been released in 2007. There might be a possibility that before you have paid the total purchase price of your car, a new model will be released. Hindi na pogi ang auto mo. Para sa akin, masyadong maliit ang dating ng vios. mas maganda i-set-up ang city. Besides, the City cannot be converted to a taxi kaya dagdag pogi points.

Help me choose: Vios E, City A, Lancer GLX or GLS CVT