New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You can save a lot if you factor out the rice carrying capability of the vehicle you are considering ... how much do you save from bringing rice? ... and you only do it occasionally ... so it is not really an important factor in choosing a car ... choose the car the you can afford and the one that you like sans the rice carrying capability ... just buy rice in Manila ...

Say you just want to spend about 600T on a vehicle ... but if you factor in the ability to carry rice ... you would now need to spend around 800T ... would you be saving 200T from bringing rice? ... you can still bring some rice if you really want ... maybe 10-20 kgs instead of 50 kgs ...

For the hatchbacks ... avoid the Chevrolet and the Kia ... the Honda Brio is over priced ... so pick between the Toyota Wigo and Mitsubishi Mirage ...

For the AUVs ... the Suzuki Ertiga and Honda Mobilio are good choices ... the conservative look of the Suzuki Ertiga is ok ... Honda Mobilio, wait for the facelift ... Mitsubishi Adventure is a dinosaur ... the Honda Jazz doesn't have the ground clearance ...
    you're correct sir, occasionally lang. that's why I'm leaning towards a small hatch as everyday ride.

oh, the rice issue..saving money, buying rice here in manila, uhm...the thing is, iba talaga pag sariling ani and breed (I cannot find the same breed of rice here in manila, I tried the php50/kilo range but hindi masarap. yung galing sa amin "kanin pa lang, ulam na"...well I guess I can save money from buying ulams haha!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I'd pick the Jazz.

Small and maneuverable enough for the city. Big enough to comfortably travel via the expressways.

Has enough grunt and cargo space to haul stuff. A very versatile, all-around car.

Plus point: pogi yung bagong labas na refreshed version.

3. Join Date
    May 2017
    right now, based sa mga recommendations from outside and you guys, small hatch is at lead. about 65% for the hatch and 35% for the 7 seaters/auv.

on small cars:
    1. mirage - kalampag issue, or mahina daw ilalim, is this true?
    2. brio - I will try and test drive this
    3. wigo - the new wigo catches my eyes, no dress up needed. but then, same engine, so baka mahina kapag 4 passengers + cargo...+some bigas

4. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by BagongLuma View Post
    Fellow tsikoteers, I would like to seek help from you guys on what should I buy. Below are my options/opinions:

(in no particular order)

1. Chevy Spark LT 1.4 A/T - engine/power vs. body size is ok for me. porma is ok din. I'm a former chevy owner din. downside known (as per my initial research) are after sales and spare parts availability.

2. Honda Brio S 1.3 A/T - decent engine/power, spare parts ok "daw"? please correct me. porma is a bit "alien-like" for me, but I think can be dressed up. downside, wala pa ako nabasa except for after sales, kindly state if there's any.

3. Toyota Wigo G 1.0 A/T - Toyota is Toyota sabi nga nila, porma is ok lalo na yung bagong labas. PERO, disappointed ako sa engine. minsan nasakyan ko ito sa uber pool, so 4 passengers including the driver. medyo hirap nga sa pag-ahon. I don't know, maybe sa driver's skill?

4. Kia Picanto EX 1.2 A/T - I would buy this right away kung may gt line sana, kaso wala pa yata dito sa atin? porma and engine/power is ok na for me. any picanto owners here to share their ownership?

5. Mitsubishi Mirage GLX 1.2 A/T - I owned a lancer 95 before, brand wise, ok sa akin. porma and engine is ok sa akin. may lugar na sa puso ko ang mitsu pero syempre iba ang quality ng cars dati compared ngayon. I heard that Mirage HB is "makalampag", any thoughts?

Sorry kung medyo marami ang choices ko, I did my own scoring and boils down to Brio, Mirage, and Picanto (if may GT na dadating). I included the others para malaman ko din kung tama yung mga assumptions ko. Hopefully, makakuha ako ng feedbacks/suggestions/advice sa inyo.

One more thing, above are my choices if small hatchback ang bibilhin ko, that is for my everyday home-office-home route (about 15kms total), My budget here is 600k to 650k.

Now, here comes my problem. Every 2 weeks, umuuwi kami sa province somewhere in central luzon (300kms back and forth). Minsan may dala kaming bigas pabalik ng Manila. Kung ang small car is ok para sa daily drive, mas ok ang medyo malaki for long drives and family of 4. Here are my choices and comments as well:

(in no particular order)
    1. Mitsubishi Adventure GLX 2.5d M/T - tipid compared sa gas, porma is ok, umiitim ba ang usok ng diesel pagtagal kahit well-maintained?
    2. Toyota Avanza G 1.3 A/T - instantly attracts my attention noong lumabas yung recent model - that is porma wise plus the badge. BUT, small engine and I read na may vibrations on high speed? also, sabi ng mga uber drivers malakas daw sa gas kasi nga maliit makina for a big body.
    3. Suzuki Ertiga GL 1.4 A/T - Sulit for its SRP, gadgets, features, engine is decent for its size. porma is not ok with me.
    4. Honda Mobilio E 1.5 M/T - honda is honda, sabi rin ng iba. sulit sa size (passenger) for its SRP. pero pag puno daw hirap din.
    5. Honda Jazz V 1.5 A/T - i know its out of the category for the first 4. but if i will spend 800k+ I will choose this for a hatch. May porma at power, the only question is ok ba kapag may karga pang luggage (yung bigas haha)?

budget for (if) "bigger" ride is 800k to 850k only.

sedan is not on my list na, naka 2 sedans na ako, for a change ba. sabi ko nga dati, either small hatch or suv, pero di swak sa current budget ang suv.

now, you might say bakit ang daming choices. once makapili kasi ako/tayo sa "small" and "big" category ko, ako na ang bahala magdecide if:

a. "small" car for my everyday ride, out-of-town with family (without the bigas), then hihiramin ko nalang sa in-laws ko yung L300 nila para kumuha ng bigas (once a month lang naman with 1-2 sacks)

or;

b. "bigger" car for the bigas and family weekend, then I also have to use it as everyday ride.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    How about Toyota Innova 2.8E MT/AT? Good for both city and highways.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by BagongLuma View Post

jazz is fine, pero may bumubulong sa akin, kung mag 800k ako ng budget, auv nalang?

Yung bumubulong sayo para mas malinaw eh maginquire ka sa lahat ng kotse na nabanggit at itanong mo kung magkano discount.

City sana iadvice ko sayo dahil maganda porma kaso nabanggit mo bigas.

At mas malaki discount ng jazz ngayon kaysa city.

Brio sana kaso ask mo discount kung magkano final price.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    *ts
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Para sa akin, oks ang itsura ng swift compared dun sa choices mo.

I own a mirage glx. Soft ang suspension nya by default. 3 years na to sa akin and ang pinalitan ko pa lang sa suspension is rear shocks, from oem to kyb dahil nainis ako sa kalambutan ng rear suspension nya.

In its stock form, mataas body roll for my liking kaya naglagay ako ng strut.

Kalampagin, sort off, dahil plastic ang dashboard nya.

Matipid sa gas, definitely. If i remembered correctly, nasa 2k lang ang manila to sagada to manila.

For the price that i got (475k) that time, di ako nagsisisi sa mirage.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    *ts
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Para sa akin, oks ang itsura ng swift compared dun sa choices mo.

I own a mirage glx. Soft ang suspension nya by default. 3 years na to sa akin and ang pinalitan ko pa lang sa suspension is rear shocks, from oem to kyb dahil nainis ako sa kalambutan ng rear suspension nya.

In its stock form, mataas body roll for my liking kaya naglagay ako ng strut.

Kalampagin, sort off, dahil plastic ang dashboard nya.

Matipid sa gas, definitely. If i remembered correctly, nasa 2k lang ang manila to sagada to manila.

For the price that i got (475k) that time, di ako nagsisisi sa mirage.
    Hello po.. Im planning to buy dn ang mirage glx pro not xur yet.. Nu po pros and cons nia n dpat kong malaman? And sulit kaya po qng dretxo aq s GLS?

Sent from my Lenovo P1ma40 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    I'll go for Suzuki swift.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12