New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    Fellow tsikoteers, I would like to seek help from you guys on what should I buy. Below are my options/opinions:

(in no particular order)

1. Chevy Spark LT 1.4 A/T - engine/power vs. body size is ok for me. porma is ok din. I'm a former chevy owner din. downside known (as per my initial research) are after sales and spare parts availability.

2. Honda Brio S 1.3 A/T - decent engine/power, spare parts ok "daw"? please correct me. porma is a bit "alien-like" for me, but I think can be dressed up. downside, wala pa ako nabasa except for after sales, kindly state if there's any.

3. Toyota Wigo G 1.0 A/T - Toyota is Toyota sabi nga nila, porma is ok lalo na yung bagong labas. PERO, disappointed ako sa engine. minsan nasakyan ko ito sa uber pool, so 4 passengers including the driver. medyo hirap nga sa pag-ahon. I don't know, maybe sa driver's skill?

4. Kia Picanto EX 1.2 A/T - I would buy this right away kung may gt line sana, kaso wala pa yata dito sa atin? porma and engine/power is ok na for me. any picanto owners here to share their ownership?

5. Mitsubishi Mirage GLX 1.2 A/T - I owned a lancer 95 before, brand wise, ok sa akin. porma and engine is ok sa akin. may lugar na sa puso ko ang mitsu pero syempre iba ang quality ng cars dati compared ngayon. I heard that Mirage HB is "makalampag", any thoughts?

Sorry kung medyo marami ang choices ko, I did my own scoring and boils down to Brio, Mirage, and Picanto (if may GT na dadating). I included the others para malaman ko din kung tama yung mga assumptions ko. Hopefully, makakuha ako ng feedbacks/suggestions/advice sa inyo.

One more thing, above are my choices if small hatchback ang bibilhin ko, that is for my everyday home-office-home route (about 15kms total), My budget here is 600k to 650k.

Now, here comes my problem. Every 2 weeks, umuuwi kami sa province somewhere in central luzon (300kms back and forth). Minsan may dala kaming bigas pabalik ng Manila. Kung ang small car is ok para sa daily drive, mas ok ang medyo malaki for long drives and family of 4. Here are my choices and comments as well:

(in no particular order)
    1. Mitsubishi Adventure GLX 2.5d M/T - tipid compared sa gas, porma is ok, umiitim ba ang usok ng diesel pagtagal kahit well-maintained?
    2. Toyota Avanza G 1.3 A/T - instantly attracts my attention noong lumabas yung recent model - that is porma wise plus the badge. BUT, small engine and I read na may vibrations on high speed? also, sabi ng mga uber drivers malakas daw sa gas kasi nga maliit makina for a big body.
    3. Suzuki Ertiga GL 1.4 A/T - Sulit for its SRP, gadgets, features, engine is decent for its size. porma is not ok with me.
    4. Honda Mobilio E 1.5 M/T - honda is honda, sabi rin ng iba. sulit sa size (passenger) for its SRP. pero pag puno daw hirap din.
    5. Honda Jazz V 1.5 A/T - i know its out of the category for the first 4. but if i will spend 800k+ I will choose this for a hatch. May porma at power, the only question is ok ba kapag may karga pang luggage (yung bigas haha)?

budget for (if) "bigger" ride is 800k to 850k only.

sedan is not on my list na, naka 2 sedans na ako, for a change ba. sabi ko nga dati, either small hatch or suv, pero di swak sa current budget ang suv.

now, you might say bakit ang daming choices. once makapili kasi ako/tayo sa "small" and "big" category ko, ako na ang bahala magdecide if:

a. "small" car for my everyday ride, out-of-town with family (without the bigas), then hihiramin ko nalang sa in-laws ko yung L300 nila para kumuha ng bigas (once a month lang naman with 1-2 sacks)

or;

b. "bigger" car for the bigas and family weekend, then I also have to use it as everyday ride.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    My vote...

1. Brio AT - same 1.3 engine as the 2nd gen Jazz... (big plus for me)
    2. Mirage GLX AT - close second (If I remember correctly, mas mahal ang Brio, if budget will be an issue I will vote for the Mirage over the Brio)

Kung Automatic, I prefer cars with bigger engines with 4 cylinders. Kaya lang, ang daming horror stories ng Chevrolet (parts availability)

Dun naman sa next list mo...

1. Jazz - I love the flexibility of the seats... Plus sa choices mo, AT sya
    2. Adventure - tried and tested, magkamali ka lang ng gear iitim na usok ng Diesel...
    3. Mobilio - My wife loves this car, kaya lang sya nasa bottom kasi you mentioned MT

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    id take the small car and borrow that l300..

narrow it down..

Wigo or mirage. I like the new wigo. the mirage seems a better fit for you though since you mentioned power several times.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    How about the suzuki swift a/t? 698k sa listing pero you can haggle for discounts.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    How about the suzuki swift a/t? 698k sa listing pero you can haggle for discounts.
    i agree. go for the suzuki swift.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    new swift is almost here though... lighter and better fc...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Kung may dala ka bigas eh mag honda jazz ka.

Walang makakatalo sa cargo space ng jazz.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You can save a lot if you factor out the rice carrying capability of the vehicle you are considering ... how much do you save from bringing rice? ... and you only do it occasionally ... so it is not really an important factor in choosing a car ... choose the car the you can afford and the one that you like sans the rice carrying capability ... just buy rice in Manila ...

Say you just want to spend about 600T on a vehicle ... but if you factor in the ability to carry rice ... you would now need to spend around 800T ... would you be saving 200T from bringing rice? ... you can still bring some rice if you really want ... maybe 10-20 kgs instead of 50 kgs ...

For the hatchbacks ... avoid the Chevrolet and the Kia ... the Honda Brio is over priced ... so pick between the Toyota Wigo and Mitsubishi Mirage ...

For the AUVs ... the Suzuki Ertiga and Honda Mobilio are good choices ... the conservative look of the Suzuki Ertiga is ok ... Honda Mobilio, wait for the facelift ... Mitsubishi Adventure is a dinosaur ... the Honda Jazz doesn't have the ground clearance ...
    Last edited by Walter; May 17th, 2017 at 02:01 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    ... just buy rice in Manila ...
    OT:

Masarap bigas sa province sir. Lalo na kung sariling ani. I bring in rice for our household here from Negros. Air cargo nalang para mura.

BTT:

Out of the box suggestion (on the cars) .... Vios.

Surprised to know that yung Ertiga and Mobilio are classified as AUV's pala?

10. Join Date
    May 2017
    Thanks mga sirs sa initial responses nyo...

Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    My vote...

1. Brio AT - same 1.3 engine as the 2nd gen Jazz... (big plus for me)
    2. Mirage GLX AT - close second (If I remember correctly, mas mahal ang Brio, if budget will be an issue I will vote for the Mirage over the Brio)

Kung Automatic, I prefer cars with bigger engines with 4 cylinders. Kaya lang, ang daming horror stories ng Chevrolet (parts availability)

Dun naman sa next list mo...

1. Jazz - I love the flexibility of the seats... Plus sa choices mo, AT sya
    2. Adventure - tried and tested, magkamali ka lang ng gear iitim na usok ng Diesel...
    3. Mobilio - My wife loves this car, kaya lang sya nasa bottom kasi you mentioned MT
    Between the Brio and Mirage, di pa ako naka-sakay sa Brio. By its looks, when I see one, parang maliit sa loob?

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    id take the small car and borrow that l300..

narrow it down..

Wigo or mirage. I like the new wigo. the mirage seems a better fit for you though since you mentioned power several times.

actually, I am leaning towards this suggestion. Tutal, minsan nagpapabili din naman sila.

Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    i don't know why walang appeal sa akin ang suzuki? I've seen swifts na set up, well dressed. That's good by it definitely costs to do that diba?

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    new swift is almost here though... lighter and better fc...

if it is almost here, kung maganda itsura, I'll consider.

Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Kung may dala ka bigas eh mag honda jazz ka.

Walang makakatalo sa cargo space ng jazz.
    jazz is fine, pero may bumubulong sa akin, kung mag 800k ako ng budget, auv nalang?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast