New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    go for subaru forester., medyo luma na din kasi ang escape.. and tama si sir yapoy86,.. kung ttignan mo ang forester eh parang medyo high class syang tignan compare sa escape...kung like mo naman parehas..try to compare nlng yung FC nila..and kung no issue sayo yung FC... forester ka na po...

try to consider din po pala yung resale value ng car...

kami po we used to have brand new 2004 escape (1.5M i think) / 2003 expedition (2.1M i think)
    sold for:
    ford escape V6 = 350K sold in 2010
    ford expedition xlt v8 = 480K (trade in honda jazz ex 2012) sold in march 2012...

still... its ur decision.. goodluck..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Both of them are old designs. I would not consider the Forester 2.0 since it is known for having poor gas mileage, said to be even worse than the turbocharged Forester due to being underpowered and also due to the full time AWD. The Escape has good torque and gives decent performance and gas mileage. The Ford also has a wider dealer network and a more abundant spare parts supply resulting to cheaper and more convenient maintenance.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    if I have 1.3m I will get monty GLX 4x2

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    if you like going long trips, 5 pax and requires bigger luggage space.... you should go for the base level SUV's like the Eve, Fort, Monty, and Alterra... yung looks, you decide as we all have different eyes....I chose the Monty, very convenient for road trips...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    kung mahilig ka sa road trip, you should consider the brand with a lot of service support and/or dealers outside of metro manila

its a nightmare to breakdown in a province where there are no service centers and/or mechanics familiar with your vehicle

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    sr regarding the montero i just got word that the 2.5 variant of the montero is considered under powered. and it may cause you frustration during you drive up north where youll be needing the torque and hrs pwr... its comfortable to ride in and it looks more bad ass! than fortuner... if you really want the montero i advice you to buy the 3.2 variant which is the one that plays good considering the power to weight ratio...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by greg1994 View Post
    sr regarding the montero i just got word that the 2.5 variant of the montero is considered under powered. and it may cause you frustration during you drive up north where youll be needing the torque and hrs pwr... its comfortable to ride in and it looks more bad ass! than fortuner... if you really want the montero i advice you to buy the 3.2 variant which is the one that plays good considering the power to weight ratio...
    wala na po ata 3.2 inalis na nila sa line up.
    tsaka malakas ang 2.5 na montero no :hammer: 178 hp

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter711 View Post
    Hey guys(hope you dont mind me creating another thread)

So I've been looking up for CUV/SUV.. and I'm down with these two vehicles..The forester XS and escape xlt 4x4..

any pros and cons..feel free to rant about them or share your first hand experiences with those cars...

It will be use to long trips(vacation),pasyal with family(5 members)..

TIA
    May I suggest a new, separate thread altogether, with a title like, "Forester XS vs. Escape XLT 4x4". Then advise readers that these are the only 2 SUVs being considered, to serve as your "filter". Also ask motoring journalists in this forum to weigh in. I assume they have test-driven both, have a review written somewhere and hopefully can give you an objective side-by-side comparo. Just a thought...

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by greg1994 View Post
    underpowered?? I went to bohol with my MS GLS-V from bacolod with 8 pax and 2 kids... we passed through the mountains of Negros and Cebu alike effortlessly... i believe underpowered is too far a word to describe the MS... same with the Sta. Fe, these two are very capable vehicles...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jrn29 View Post
    wala na po ata 3.2 inalis na nila sa line up.
    tsaka malakas ang 2.5 na montero no :hammer: 178 hp
    I believe he is talking about the old 136hp/314Nm 2.5L non-VGT found in the 1.2M base variant. It is by no means underpowered. The Fortuner 2.5D4D, despite having only 102hp/260Nm, can still go a long way from the century mark when driven hard, and is actually pretty light-footed in city driving.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
HELP me choose my first SUV! :)