ok handling
    good FC

2nd choice: altis
    ok power same engine as the previous model
    very nice interior
    body seems like a face lift rather than a new model

3rd choice: swift? (maybe)
    nice looking exterior
    have not much to say kasi never drove the car.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    900k ->

i30
    civic
    corolla
    jazz

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    salamat po sa reply,

may nakapag sabi sakin na mazda 3 daw dapat
    ano po kya difference nito sa civic, etc.?

salamat po ulit

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    salamat po sa reply,

may nakapag sabi sakin na mazda 3 daw dapat
    ano po kaya difference nito sa civic, etc.?

salamat po ulit

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if you were to ask me, ill not take the mazda 3 as an option...

its too old for the model and if you compare the engine displacement, civic is way better. the FC for the civic is better even if it is at 1.8 engine. the great thing about the mazda 3 is the handling (excellent!) and more comfortable seats than the civic. no manual transmission for mazda 3 though.

well just my 2 cents.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    how about sa 2nd hand bmw?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    if you were to ask me, ill not take the mazda 3 as an option...

its too old for the model and if you compare the engine displacement, civic is way better. the FC for the civic is better even if it is at 1.8 engine. the great thing about the mazda 3 is the handling (excellent!) and more comfortable seats than the civic. no manual transmission for mazda 3 though.

well just my 2 cents.
    I concur, because the 2010 Mazda is due by end of year 2009. If you buy now, you will surely regret getting the current 3 in the end life cycle of the current model. Plus the concerns that the current 3 is heavy and underpowered.

Honda Civic 1.8S will be the logical choice for you. It is in its mid model life cycle. Most of the concerns about it should have been addressed by now so the quality is a bit better than the 06 initial release. In 3 years you can switch to the Mazda 3 which by then the new model would be in its mid life cycle.

I love Mazdas and I think the next 3 will be a big hit. Unless you can wait for the next 3, you should buy the Civic for now because of its reliability and resale value.

Don't bother with Corollas if comfort is not that an issue to you. Mazda and Honda are driver oriented companies. Which I am sure will fit your taste.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    No matter what, I like the Mazda3. If you will include the Altis in the choices, then I would be more logical to still include the 3 to be among the choices. Why? What's new about the Altis aside from the interior and exterior changes? Nothing. The engine is same, suspension is same, the tranny gained manumatic and aside from that, nothing. If you are looking into the mechanicals alone, you are actually buying the 2001-2007 Altis still. If so, the Mazda3 has better steering, suspension, ride and handling. Room is just enough, features are aplenty as well. The issue about the weight seems to just appear on paper. When you drive the thing, it glides, steers and accelerate like its few hundreds pounds lighter. I drove just the base 1.6S and it's already a blast. I averaged 9km/l in a normal driving. But true, the 1.8S Civic is quicker and is more or less bout as economical. But I feel, the Mazda3 still holds aces in driving fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help me choose a car