New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I never said Mz3 is a bad car. I only discourage the prospect of buying one Now, when a new model is coming up. In fact I had a 2.0R and i loved it to death.

Driving fun and handling without question Mz3 blasts everything in the competition. Even the exterior looks of the current Mz3 the Civic pales in comparison. With the exception of the Lancer EX, the 3 is the best looking car out there that seems not to age at all (2004 seemed like yesterday).

If fuel economy and power is an issue 1.8S Civic is the way to go. If handling dynamics is more important to you then Go for the Mz3. Be aware however that the Mz3 is only 4 speed AT vs Civic's 5 speed AT. The civic is 100 kgs lighter than the Mz3 and the 2nd row seats are roomier. The Mazda's controls are simpler and slightly dated but the seats are far more comfortable than the Civic. Other civic issues is the noise redux and the a/c smell. Be aware of this and ask the dealer if these were addressed. Mz3 have small issues as well but at this pt in its lifetime they should have eliminated those already.

Resale value Civic has the advantage. Security features the 1.8S already has immobilizer the lower end Mazdas do not, you need to get 2.0 R to get immob for the Mz3.

I said before that the Mz3 has all the elements but just rightly distributed. It's starting to show its age and fortunately a major model change is upcoming with 5 speed AT and a lighter vehicle. the next Mz3 should pack horse powers into the 150s. I saw the dual exhaust and its something to be excited about.

My take: If buying now take the Civic 1.8S if buying later then 2010 Mazda 3.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Civic 1.8S for your budget but the FD is almost 3 years old now and due for a facelift. Wait for a few months and definitely you won’t regret it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm. dagdag ka pa onti... new lancer MX na kung gusto mo pamorma.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    hmmm. dagdag ka pa onti... new lancer MX na kung gusto mo pamorma.
    +10

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    Civic 1.8S for your budget but the FD is almost 3 years old now and due for a facelift. Wait for a few months and definitely you won’t regret it.

I agree

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The facelift will not be due till perhaps in the next MIAS or April 2009, even so expect a price increase at that time.. There is very minimal change between the 2009 and 2008 trims. A rumored blue tooth (which is almost useless without an internal HDD). IMHO better get a bargain deal this Christmas season on the 1.8S before the price hike because thats the most intelligent buy if you dont need the BT and the exterior change.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i saw the new model of mazda 3 on the internet, well it did not stop me from buying the current model of Mazda 3 three weeks ago...(atleast i got a very very good deal)..
    my FC is 9.9 kms per liter, travels from Cogeo antipolo to makati pasong tamo, just imagine the traffic that i go through everyday from c5 to ayala etc..

i'm happy with my car now, before i only get 8kms per liter, now that my odo meter is 1k++ its more efficient right now,

my brother and my bestfriend who owns civic told me that i got a better ride, in looks and handling...

better test drive the two units and select what's best for you...because in the end it's you who will be enjoying your ride for years...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    9.9 km/L? Not bad for a 1.6, My 2.0R never surpassed the 8.2 Km/L figure

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    9.9 km/L? Not bad for a 1.6, My 2.0R never surpassed the 8.2 Km/L figure

yes sir 9.9 nagpa full tank po ako 42liters lahat, then nireset ko ang travel B ko, i accumulated 418.7 kilometers at nagpa full tank uli ako 42liters uli

so

418 / 42 = 9.95kms/liter po..i'm happy with my FC right now..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Ok ingatan mo yung shocks ng 3 mejo mababa. Yan isa sa reklamo ko.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Help me choose a car