New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    sir why not use the 500k for downpayment for brand new SUV or 500k less then estimate na lang by 2 years ang amortization mo will go 500k..

pero for SH starex vs xtrail.
    since for kids/family mo naman. Ill suggest the starex. Big space and diesel. Bagay talaga pang pamilya.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by throwawayact View Post
    Looks like its Starex vs. X-Trail. With Starex leading by a hair or two. Hmm... Gonna have to give the Starex a second look. How is it as far as durability is concerned?
    Of course the Starex is more durable than the X-Trail. The Starex, aside from being a people carrier, is used as a WORKHORSE vehicle in Korea. The chassis is the same sort of tough ladder frame used in SUVs, and despite this stll rides more comfortably than any SUV. I'd wager that the Starex would be just as quick or even quicker than the X-Trail and have better fuel mileage. We all know what sort of mileage gas engines with displacements of 2.0L and above get. Besides, if you install a Unichip in the Starex, it'll give an even more dramatic increase in performance and fuel economy.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I've started looking at Starex's but I'm confused due to the huge variance in prices. For example http://www.ayosdito.ph/Hyundai+Stare...ic-1693298.htm Hyundai Starex GRX Automatic -05 for only 275k while this one http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...Hyundai+Starex 2004 Hyundai Starex GRX CRDi a/t is going for 540k. What gives?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    725k siguro yan? Even 1st generation Starex's don't go for 275k. That one is Turbo Intercooler by the way, and not CRDi. The difference in performance is very big. If its really 275k then its probably an Ondoy'd unit or was involved an accident before. But then if it was repaired to top shape they probably wouldn't sell for that sort of price. If so, I'd be led to believe that it's a stolen unit. Stay away at all costs. The market price of this is at around 500+ to 800+k.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    GTI: Thanks for the clarification.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Most likely, those SVX Starex selling at 200-300T are the so-called "surplus" -units coming from Korea. Usually mga laspag na.

Those selling at 400-600T are the so-called "commercial" units - local secondhand HARI-distributed vehicles.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Nasa 300-400K ang selling price ng used Starex SVX ngayon (Millenium model, TCi, 2000-2002)

Yung mga 2003 SVX at older model na Club nasa 400K pataas..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Help me choose a 2nd Hand SUV Budget 500k