New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    We have a 2007 Avanza J and a 2011 Innova G na nabili Feb this year. All are Gasoline fed and manuals.

Wifey planning to sell the avanza and gut a new A/T car. I am thinking of at least a compact - Altis, Civic, Lancer, or ???.

The Avanza is now to small so it is now redundant bec. we have the Innova.

I think we will go with the Civic. Had a bad sludge experience with the 9'th gen, altis a/t. My brother has a Lancer MX.

Daily driven Sta.Rosa <--> Ortigas. which compact A/T has the best FC? maybe no sub-compat bec she is now an executive.

Any recommendations?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about the Lancer EX 1.6 MX?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    she is now executive. for me, bagay na bagay ang pearl white na altis and civic IMO

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Lancer ex is nice. is it 4 or 5 speed a/t?

White pearl is nice (Pearl white nga pla ang innova namin). maybe she will go for a red one.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Lancer ex is nice. is it 4 or 5 speed a/t?

White pearl is nice (Pearl white nga pla ang innova namin). maybe she will go for a red one.
    4 speed A/T ang lancer

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd recommend the Altis.

The newer 1ZR-FE engine is actually economical and isn't prone to the sludge issues you fear with the 9th gen (ZZ engine). I can only speak from experience with its bigger brother, the 3ZR-FE, which hasn't had any oil-related issues even though I only change oil every 10,000 KM.

The 1.6 Altis is also known to be fuel-efficient, despite its rather old 4-speed slushbox. It's about as good as other automatic subcompacts (~9 km/L in regular city traffic) but has more low-end torque so it putters about without any hesitation. It's also very stable on the highway, and the comfortable ride means long drives won't be as stressful as in other cars.

The shortcomings of the Altis (less-than-stellar space, feather-light steering, uninspiring handling) don't seem to be of primary concern for you or your wife so I really think it fits your needs pretty well. Whether you get the 1.6 G or the more loaded 1.6 V, the pricing seems reasonable given the features of the car.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    We have a 2007 Avanza J and a 2011 Innova G na nabili Feb this year. All are Gasoline fed and manuals.

Wifey planning to sell the avanza and gut a new A/T car. I am thinking of at least a compact - Altis, Civic, Lancer, or ???.

The Avanza is now to small so it is now redundant bec. we have the Innova.

I think we will go with the Civic. Had a bad sludge experience with the 9'th gen, altis a/t. My brother has a Lancer MX.

Daily driven Sta.Rosa <--> Ortigas. which compact A/T has the best FC? maybe no sub-compat bec she is now an executive.

Any recommendations?
    Wow~ Santa Rosa <-> Ortigas! Layo ah! So SLEX/Skyway araw araw? If so Elantra nalang bro. Higher horsepower and 6 speed transmission gives it an edge in highway gas mileage. White Elantra with 17" rims for the win!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    A look at the "power-to-weight ratio" may perhaps offer some clue. Toyota sedans are generally known for being "economical" compared to the competition.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    have been doing sta rosa <--> ortigas daily dati for almost 3 years. every 2 months (5000 km) ang PM ng avanza dati. 500 km + per week. 1 full tank per week.

malagas sa gas ang innova. now looking for a trifty compact sedan. I will now use the innova pag may bago na. less than 20km oneway bahay - office.

sa mahal ng toll, no skyway malamang..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Elantra might be the ticket. Light, good gearing, good engine... Only thing is the lack of sound insulation compared to the likes of the Civic or the Focus.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Economical compact car, A/T, which one