New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi, we' re planning to buy a family van, my family and household help = 8 people. We can't decide which one to buy among the three- Yung GL Grandia doesn't have too much space for the luggage and the seats are not too comfortable daw lalo na kung long drive ? The New starex naman may problem daw sa suspension? The Super Grandia has captain seats but does it really make any difference sa bench seats sa GL Grandia? . We wanted a van na malamig a/c , comfortable seats and di malakas sa gas.Any input/ opinion will be appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by marjom915; December 2nd, 2006 at 01:42 AM. Reason: additional question

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Test drive them all. See the one that suits you the best.

Ano kaya problema ng Starex sa suspension? hehehe. Baka naman kalampag or ingay lang, madali naman gawin iyon and covered ng 3year warranty.

Kung uncomfortable yung seats, hindi mo ata pwede i-warranty iyan.

The Super Grandia is nice but seems overpriced.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hiace kna lang astig pa

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    D-4D yung Hi-ace and Grandia, not sure kung may gas nun. Baka ma magka- D4D choking problem ka.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My 2006 M/T Starex CRDI gets 10 km/liter (mostly highway driving). I don't know the mileage figures for a Hiace though. Okay pa naman suspension ng Starex, pero 5 months pa lang naman yung sasakyan. It can take the terrible condition of McArthur Highway between Urdaneta and Tarlac in stride, although as other Starex owners have noted, the ride of the Starex is a bit "bouncy" or "boaty."

As Otep suggested, test drive all of them to get a better idea of their handling characteristics.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    The GL Grandia and Super Grandia are really humongous beasts. I think the Commuter will be sufficient for carrying 8 passengers even with cargo. I think places like SeatMate can convert the Commuter's bland interiors and bench seats into individual captain chairs and other upgrades. One thing to watch out for is its D4-D engine which may have engine problems, on a case to case basis.

Help: GL Grandia/ Super Grandia/ New Starex Crdi