New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My Sis is totally confused for a month now as to what to buy shes single early 20's needs a compact SUV 4x2 or 4x4 depends which is better.. budget 1.4 to 1.45mil black color personally.. automatic.. which is better? shes considering captiva, suzuki vitara and innova(moms wants this more) also but more inclined to the first two's... hope you guys can give good input for her... in terms of ride, FC and resale....

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    my vote would go to the innova... if she has kids na.

for personal use... id go for the vitara... better if the grand vitara.
    ang alam ko hindi ganon ka fuel efficient yung vitara pero with the choices ill stick with this.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    bakit ang coices mo eh hindi yung nilagay mo sa title?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If it's between the CR-V and the Outlander, I'd say Outlander hands down. Otherwise, pwede rin ang Grand Vitara.

My diesel bias would've dictated the Captiva, but I hear that Chevrolet has problems with build quality and after-sales service.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For me I'll go for the CRV more Solid, & for the resale value panalo . Fuel economy SUV are not meant for such purpose . For fuel economy issue Get the Diesel Version or any Subcompact Car then you gain good FC

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    bakit ang coices mo eh hindi yung nilagay mo sa title?
    ang haba to to put as title so yung closest top 2 na lang nilagay ko...

sir archie123456789: she has no kids yet pero nakita niya yesterday vitara sobra sya nagandahan din, kaya lalo siya nalito dami daw hightech sa loob ng vitara na wala sa iba shes really serious with this one also...

sir Bogeyman: same tayo thought told her that also pero cute kasi daw sa style nagandahan siya dito.

yung innova kasi kinukulit siya ni moms for practicality at simplicity pero ayaw niya kasi konti lang sila kaya panghuli sa choice..

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    You can't go wrong with either cars.

Both have reliable engines, great interior, superb ride, lots of cool features in the electronics department.

Although some would regard the Outlander as more of a man's car compared to the more rounded CRV, I personally consider both as 'Mom Mobiles' like how the Space Wagon was regarded in the 1990's.

I think that if you are to choose from the two, down the wire it would depend on which brand has better aftersales support, dealer freebies/options.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBakaL View Post
    My Sis is totally confused for a month now as to what to buy shes single early 20's needs a compact SUV 4x2 or 4x4 depends which is better.. budget 1.4 to 1.45mil black color personally.. automatic.. which is better? shes considering captiva, suzuki vitara and innova(moms wants this more) also but more inclined to the first two's... hope you guys can give good input for her... in terms of ride, FC and resale....
    NEEDS or WANTS a new SUV? ... there is a big difference between those two words. Why would your 20-something sister feels that she NEEDS a fuel guzzling SUV in the time where fuel is going to hit P65/L for gasoline?
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 15th, 2008 at 09:58 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Between the CRV and Outlander, I'd go for the Outlander. Test drove them both had a better time driving the Outlander. It has paddle shifters, RF sound system and its based on the Evo. But if you want something more fuel efficient, i'd go for the diesel Captiva or try test driving a CRDi Santa Fe it's bigger, seats 7 and has one of the best CRDi engines.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    NEEDS or WANTS a new SUV? ... there is a big difference between those two words. Why would your 20-something sister feels that she NEEDS a fuel guzzling SUV in the time where fuel is going to hit P65/L for gasoline?
    Don't blame her. Blame GM, Chevrolet, Ford... You know the gas guzzling farting manufacturers.

Personally, I wouldn't go for Chevy due to personal reasons. I would go with either the Outlander or the CR-V.

Resale - CR-V
    Fuel Efficiency - Both CR-V and Outlander
    Ride - ???
    Toys - Outlander

If I were her, I'd go for subcompacts because I believe she doesn't need a big car than can murder somebody.

BUT because of your budget. I believe you have to look somewhere else.

Why not? The best safety, great engine, great ride, average fuel consumption. And a Subaru, a class higher than a Honda.
    Last edited by drey; June 15th, 2008 at 12:41 PM.
    iam3739.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help CRV 4x4 or Outlander AWD