New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Can someone verify the FC's of these cars? I heard the a/t FD 1.8 isn't so good...not far from the 2.0 EX?

Altis G- ??

Lancer EX 2.0 - ??

Civic 1.8 a/t - ???

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlopez View Post
    Can someone verify the FC's of these cars? I heard the a/t FD 1.8 isn't so good...not far from the 2.0 EX?

Altis G- ??

Lancer EX 2.0 - ??

Civic 1.8 a/t - ???

Thanks!
    The Altis does 8-11 KM/L in the city, depending on the traffic situation and of course, driving habits. Just be easy on the pedal, and for sure you'll love the reading on the FC meter. As for the Civic and Lancer, don't be surprised if they yield FC readings that are lesser because of the bigger engine displacement. Though, with disciplined driving and favorable traffic situation, they might actually match or even surpass the FC reading of the Altis.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    in terms of registration, gano kalaki difference ng 1.6 car sa 2.0? Di ba mas mahal ang mga higher displacement cars.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i think the registration depends on the classification of the vehicle e.g. luxury vehicle, etc.

the altis base model is a 1.6 but has the same registration as its 2.0 model based on
    www.auto-searchphilippines.com website.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    in terms of registration, gano kalaki difference ng 1.6 car sa 2.0? Di ba mas mahal ang mga higher displacement cars.
    I think its based on vehicle classification. For example, the Hilux (whether its a bare bones 2.5 J or a bell and whistle 3.0 D-4D 4x4) the LTO fee is consistent across the entire line up. In this case it is Php 8,200

You can expect the entire Altis (from 1.6E to 2.0V) line-up to cost Php 13,200 to register.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    I going to immediately take out the Corolla out of the list since you prefer performance and quality.

Performance:
    Civic 1.8S churns out 140hp vs the Lancer 2.0 153hp, but if you research a little bit more the Civic 1.8 is actually quicker by 1/10 of a second, with a 0-60mph time of 8.9sec vs Lancer's 9.0sec.
    Not much difference in the time but if you factor in the engine displacement, power, fuel efficiency, etc, i must say that Civic is better performance wise.

Quality:
    Purely subjective but from what ive heard from others is that Lancer has "flimsy" Interior. Meanwhile, the civic is praised for its interior quality. The and just to add, the Lancer MX still employs rear drum brakes.

My advice is just test drive both cars and "feel" and choose what your heart choose. But on paper, Civic is Pound for Pound the better Sedan quality and performance wise.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tool_46n2 View Post
    The and just to add, the Lancer MX still employs rear drum brakes.
    The Lancer EX MX together with the other 4 variants are now available with 4 wheel disc brakes with ABS+EBD.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Lancer for the looks; Civic for the badge; Altis just to be different

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I'd say in a nutshell - Altis for comfort, Lancer for sportiness, Civic for a happy medium.

Price aside (value is subjective), you probably can't go wrong with those choices.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Piliin mo na mx, magkakaroon na sila ulit this coming week, besides yung honda magpapalit na sila ng itsura sa 2010 or 2011 pagbili mo maluluma agad dahil palit looks na sayang lang pera mo hehe, anyways nakabili ka na ba? bka kc late nako nagmessage eh hehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Help! Choosing between Lancer EX MX, Honda 1.8S, Altis 1.6V