New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi Guys, I am planning to buy a car this August but I am still stucked choosing from these cars, Lancer EX MX, HOnda 1.8S and Toyota Altis 1.6V.

I mean, you can't have it all in one car, diba mga sir? The thing is, I just want to get my money's worth. (in terms of performance, quality, etc)

Any advice?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Altis 1.6V AT = classic design, camry look & feel, suspension in comfort set-up, cheapest price * 925k

Civic 1.8S AT = sporty look, lower fc, quite stiff suspension, mid priced * 958k

Lancer EX MX = sporty look, big & powerful engine, fc is quite good for a 2.0 engine, quite stiff suspension, highest price * 990k

if i were to choose, i would definitely choose the lancer ex mx. it's quite a looker and it's rare. not much roaming on the streets. the civic now is a very common site on the streets although it's still a good car. but for practicality, i would choose the altis 1.6v since it's the cheapest among the three, fc is not bad, soft ride and parts availability is excellent.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wala ng MX phased out na daw...either mag GT ka or yung GLS or GLX...sayang yung MX...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    wala na palang MX? sayang naman. pero maganda na din yung GLS. wood trim nga lang & without projector type HL. at least mas maganda exterior looks niya kesa GLX (e.g. black side mirrors, etc.)

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I'd save a bit by going for the Altis G a/t instead of the V variant.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Honda Civic na !

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hmm... Interesting choices! Let's see...

Altis 1.6V --- This is for you if you prefer comfort and practicality over power and speed. It has the smallest engine displacement which means that while it produces the least power, it gives better fuel economy especially if your driving route is usually clogged in traffic. Exterior and interior styling are on the conservative, traditional, and non-polarizing side.

Civic 1.8S --- Still one of the best choices out there. Its ride is quite stiffer than the Altis, so don't expect magic-carpet-like ride quality. It should have better handling, though. Engine is more powerful. KM/L might be a little lower than the Altis, but still excellent for a 1.8. Exterior and interior designs are on the radical and sporty side.

Lancer EX 2.0 --- It has the most powerful engine, but FC reading might be the lowest among the three choices. Overall, I think it's Civic-like in terms of approach as it is on the sporty side.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I'd save a bit by going for the Altis G a/t instead of the V variant.
    It might be more expensive, but I think the 1.6V has good bang-for-the-buck as well. For an added 56K pesos, you get all-wheel disc brakes, 16 inch wheels, side skirts, 6CD audio player, extra 2 speakers, a rear sunshade, Optitron gauges, front passenger airbag, beige interior with wood trims (if you prefer that ensemble ), and an opportunity to have the pearl white color as one of your options (for an added 15K), among others. If you think these stuff are worth 56K, then the V should be great. Otherwise, the G should be just fine! Hehehehe...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Actually a lancer CVT approaches if not equal an altis 1.6 in terms of FC...normally doin 7-8 city driving sometimes 9 and there are reoprts of 10km/l...but it goes beyond that, like interior quality and ride, aftermarket support and personal tastes

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    given the trims metioned, 1.8S Civic ako - tried and tested; dime a dozen, pero it is so, for a reason. not bad FC for a 1.8, nice dash (best among the three), can be enjoyed both for conservative daily drives, or spirited highway driving. Next Altis V, because of very comfy ride and very decent FC, plus very reliable both in performance and longevity. Last ung GLS(la na kasi now ung MX, kaya ito nabili uncle ko). nice sporty look, but a 2.0 liter will always be a gas-guzzler in my books. with high FC and higher shellout price, it doesn't compensate for its rarity factors. plus without the nice features of the GT/GT-A trims, talo for the price.

pero kung G ung Altis, Altis na ko..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Help! Choosing between Lancer EX MX, Honda 1.8S, Altis 1.6V