New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    pag nakapagdecide kang crv kunin mo ung manual para iwas sakit ng ulo at mas matipid sa gas... budget kanarin mga 50k para sa maintenance..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Best bet for me would be to get the Crosswind XTO A/T. Its the only old school diesel AUV I know of that features an A/T. With the convenience of A/T you get the indestructible drivetrain and excellent FC.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Used to have the 1st gen CRV. Very good car. Tons of cargo space. Medyo malakas sa gas and its already old. One thing with this model is never have it lifted using a scissor lift. It will damage the shocks. The correct way to lift is by using a lift that has a beam that carries all 4 wheels.

If you want an adventure go with the diesel. Very reliable engine. Personally, I'll pass on this.

I have a 1.5 Avanza. Its a good city car. The 1.3 should have plenty of parts available in Banawe. FC should also be good. I find it too light for highway use. Lots of body roll and it tends to sway when exposed to strong winds at high speed. Should be correctable with a good strut bar.

Forget the Sienna and the venture unless you own a gas station and a auto shop!

Just saw in the Avanza thread that the new model will be released mid Jan. You might want to wait for it. Lowest variant is supposed to be 620K.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    I vote for APV lalo na kung may budget ka to sustain for 5yrs financing!
    Cargo capacity is better, at di pa worry Mrs mo pag drive for the hassle versus sa second hand.
    Pero malakas yung body roll ng APV. Scary.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wifey would love CRV.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    sa looks dito and performance go with the CRV. pero kung ako pipili, adventure ako dito. very reliable engine, easy to maintain at mura din naman yung parts. mas madami ka pang maisasakay at mas malaki ang space. i can see na ayaw mo ng diesel TS. :D

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    kung concerned sa cost per Km in terms of FC, better ang avanza and adventure. Looks and performance, CRV.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    To TS.

Though I am an avanza owner, given the choices you have, I would not recommend to you to go for the avanza.
    Instead, I could say, kahit pikit mata ka na, you can never go wrong with the Adventure, considering all are of the same condition, properly maintained, clean title, etc.
    the upside that you will get from this vehicle is maintenance.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Dear TS,

Wait for the 2012 Toyota Avanza 1.3E.

All new design, still the thrifty 1.3L VVTi engine, still seats 7 like the 1.3J but has all power features (except mirrors) and 14" alloy wheels.

A very practical family car.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Dear TS,

Wait for the 2012 Toyota Avanza 1.3E.

All new design, still the thrifty 1.3L VVTi engine, still seats 7 like the 1.3J but has all power features (except mirrors) and 14" alloy wheels.

A very practical family car.
    I agree. When it comes to practicality, performance and better fc, go for the Avanza chief! you might want to hold on for a while and wait for the 2012 model before making the decision. You can ask your wife as well kung ano gusto nya (most probably CR-V yan bec of the stylish looks and space) then lay your cards out and sell the benefits of each choice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Help choose a car CRV or Adventure or APV or Avanza?