New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrel View Post
    Yes, I'm familiar about how fast it is. But, honestly, i'm a bit different above those normal teenagers who likes drags and stuffs. I'm into VIP Styles. I want my car to look executive and elegant.
    A32 Cefiro. Black. Spend around 180K to 200K for fresh unit and spend the other 100K to 150K to get it to good running condition, clean paint job and your rims of choice.

Forget the BMW if you ask me.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i agree with cefiro if you want a VIP style car.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you're into elegance/VIP styling, which is actually better than trying to belong with the "racers" then you're looking at somehow larger sedans.

1. Nissan Cefiro -- good good car in terms of looks and has the VIP-aura.

2. Toyota Crown -- another VIP-looking vehicle

etc.

Since you're going to start from SCRATCH. Might as well take a look at older Benzes. Such as the 190E.

Or you could even resort to older benzes as well. The W123 comes in mind.

These cars though require a lot of work before it runs like a dream. A lot of money is going to be involved, too. But if that's what you're after, then the end product will most likely be worth it.

Why am I not commenting about the BMW 325i E36 ? Because it doesn't suit the "VIP-craze" quite well. :/

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I think that will be a good catch because I already saw some modifications of that car that is easy to look for and not that pricey. That was one of my choices before, lynx, cefiro, accord and the bimmer.

Do you think how much must a Cefiro cost?

I already looked for some Cefiros but they're mileage are over 100k. You think it would still be a good catch? Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    RENZO.

It gave me a thought about getting that bimmer, after seeing some VIP'd out 320i's in the net. Gave me some thoughts that's why.

Anyway, I read some articles here in Tsikot about bimmer vs. mb. They said, bimmer is better because parts are cheaper. but anyway, which is better? 190e or the Cefiro?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Image wise, definitely the Benz. Pull over on a stock but well maintained Benz, people would still somehow look at it as something really expensive.

Reliability and overall practicality, the Cefiro wins it. You can get your parts without costing you a testicle. And the parts are way more abundant than the Benz.

If I had the budget to go "all-out", no second thoughts I'd get the Benz. It's different to drive around a restored car that was once considered as something really expensive.

By the way, looking at other Mercedes Benz units the C220 seem to fit your budget ( under 350k but over 300k )

One more thing, while looking over the ads I saw this one ...

Being sold for 370k. It's a 1991 5-series BMW.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Mitsu Galant GTI perhaps? oldie but goodie.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post
    Mitsu Galant GTI perhaps? oldie but goodie.
    Yes, but most people who sells this car now a days are over used. I mean, it's cheap ranging from 120-170k but the mileage is over 110k. Don't know if you can still trust this after a year.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I saw this ad before, but the mileage might give me a nightmare. but i'm hearing that bimmers and benz can run upto 210k++ but of course you must still pick the lower mileage for better and longer experience right? That's one of the reasons i want to get that 320i '97 i'm mentioning.

I also saw this ad:

It also says in the ad it's orig mileage is 58k. selling for 230k until how much can i bargain?

I'm a bit worried about this car. It says 6-6.5km/l don't you think it's too gas guzzler? it's a brougham vip cefiro. with 2.0 engine displacement

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrel View Post
    I think that will be a good catch because I already saw some modifications of that car that is easy to look for and not that pricey. That was one of my choices before, lynx, cefiro, accord and the bimmer.

Do you think how much must a Cefiro cost?

I already looked for some Cefiros but they're mileage are over 100k. You think it would still be a good catch? Thanks.
    Mileage shouldn't be the basis on whether the car is worth it or not. The overall condition of the car, is.

Even though the car has already clocked 100k kms, if the condition is still A1 then expect it to clock a couple of hundred thousand kilometers more.

02 Cefiros should play around 270k-310k

03 Cefiros should be over 350k, around 360-370k.

BTW, looking over sul!t.com marami under 90k mileage na Cefiro.

01-02 Accords fit your budget with several thousands to spare.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
HELP!!! Is BMW 325i '97 a good car?