New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 626 has the soul of a sportscar, but the heart of an aathmatic smoker. The 2.0 in the 626 is weaaaak. I should know, I used to drive one.

Still... Only car I'veever drivenwithauto-swivel zircon vents.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The 626 has the soul of a sportscar, but the heart of an aathmatic smoker. The 2.0 in the 626 is weaaaak. I should know, I used to drive one.

Still... Only car I'veever drivenwithauto-swivel zircon vents.
    Hehehe~ Considered weak na pala yun? We have a '93 Ford Telstar in Taiwan. Rebadged 626 yan, everything's the same inside and out besides the badges and the front grille and it has the same 2.0L inline 4 engine. I've driven it before and I find that the engine behaves much like the 2.0L Zetec in the Escape. Very throaty roar, rev happy, lots of torque, but without the Escape's heavy drag. Tito drove it through the steep and dangerously zigzag mountain roads in Taiwan like a maniac. The tires screeched and the it felt like being inside Takumi's AE86 drifting in mountain passes with a fully loaded car! Ganda talaga ng handling, suspension tuned just right, not too soft like with the same era Accord, nor too hard to be uncomfortable. Yun nga lang... Ang pangit talaga!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 98 and up 626 was heavier... the 2.0 is about 118 hp... had good torque and could hit 200 km/h. But it couldn't compare to engines like the Accord 2.2 or the Galant V6.

At least it was available with a manual transmission, which made the most of the engine.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The 98 and up 626 was heavier... the 2.0 is about 118 hp... had good torque and could hit 200 km/h. But it couldn't compare to engines like the Accord 2.2 or the Galant V6.

At least it was available with a manual transmission, which made the most of the engine.
    Indeed, how can a 118hp engine compare with the likes of the Accord 2.2 and Galant V6! I remember my tito sharing that he had taken it to 200km/h, which is no problem for this car. It's pretty thrifty too, despite coming with a matic tranny. 10km/L on average in Taiwanese traffic conditions. It was actually thriftier than the 1.6L Escudo A/T that we have there! It had some groundbreaking features for its time too, like the aforementioned swiveling air vents, gear hold function with the A/T and projector type headlamps.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
HELP!!! Is BMW 325i '97 a good car?