New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    If its the Cruze gasoline versus the Focus diesel, then the Focus has more of a chance. Its definitely got more performance than the Cruze 1.8LS which is known for being slow. And I believe naman that just about any good engine will serve you well if you take good care of it be it gas or diesel, old tech or new tech.
    But Ford will release the new Focus right? Any huge difference with the 2011 Focus? And anyone knows when's it coming out?

Anyway, off to another argument. Don't you guys think the Cruze's 5-year vs. Focus 3-year warranty is a fairly sizable advantage? Considering that the Focus has diesel engine and could be more susceptible to future complications (not sure about this one. i'm a car newbie and any opinion is very much welcome).

Is the Cruze really that slow? As in slower than an average compact sedan? I'm not really looking much into power since I'll be using the car for home-office travel on weekdays (15-30 mins city driving) and maybe some highway travel for weekend trips.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The Cruze diesel is so EXPENSIVE!!!

No wonder I haven't seen one on the roads yet...

For me wait for the new Focus and then re-compare... Pero duon na ako sa walang government sponsorship!

Quote Originally Posted by fcinterfan View Post
    Don't you guys think the Cruze's 5-year vs. Focus 3-year warranty is a fairly sizable advantage? Considering that the Focus has diesel engine and could be more susceptible to future complications (not sure about this one. i'm a car newbie and any opinion is very much welcome).
    There are still some taboos about diesels, but they're usually more reliable. Old-school diesels were the most dependable ever, but nowadays even these newer ones with the common-rail stuff are not bad and last longer than a comparable gasoline-powered.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Cruze diesel is quite expensive. a powerful engine is nothing when you have a bad transmission. Focus has a better handling, much much better. it may look outdated in and out but the last version is the MkII's creme of the crop. their engine is almost the same since the 136ps/320Nm TDCi engine has an overboost which adds 10-20hp and 20Nm. all the flaws from the previous versions were fixed including the suspension and added a 6-speed dual clutch transmission (excellent transmission), automatic rain sensors and headlamps, auto-dim rear view mirror and it has the best sound system in the compact segment (next to lancer GT-A of course). The next focus (MkIII) wouldn't have an available diesel yet. I think it would take about 2 years before they can bring one. the winning factor of the focus against the cruze would be the handling, transmission and the PRICE.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^i Agree.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Agree din ako..

Pero disagree ako sa sound system. Sa totoo lang kasing sahol ng sound system ng FD yung sa Focus.

The stock sound system of Hyundai Elantra is better.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    GTA... been a while... medyo kulang mid-range... bass is okay (siyempre, may sub), but the mid-range speakers need upgrading.

Elantra... 50:50... like the 1.6 better... the 1.8 we tested had a decent but not outstanding sound system.

The Focus has good midrange. That covers up any deficiencies in bass... and let's be honest... without a sub, no stock system has really good bass.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    agree! kulang nalang talaga Bass sa focus! gusto ko magpalagay. ayaw lang ng erpats ko na dagdagan ng kung ano ano yung focus, gusto niya stock lang. pfft

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sandakot View Post
    agree! kulang nalang talaga Bass sa focus! gusto ko magpalagay. ayaw lang ng erpats ko na dagdagan ng kung ano ano yung focus, gusto niya stock lang. pfft
    Palitan mo yung speakers. Hindi niya naman malalaman diba... :D

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehehe... stealth upgrades. Ang dali lang.

So many things you can do that people won't notice. Aftermarket shocks, brakes, Unichip, header (keep stock muffler)...

Errh... what were we talking about?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Help! 2011 Ford Focus vs 2011 Chevy Cruze