New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The Lancer was design and built in 2006, but models are still being made until now (2009).

The Vios, has a new platform? And was it designed in 2007/2008?

Both prices are not that bad for budget conscious buyers.

I believed the prices are:

Lancer GLX is at P638,000
    Vios E is at P659,000

Mas ok ung cost nung Lancer and both are all powered, although Vios has a fresh and newer design.

Checking the specs.. Both have driver-side airbags, wala lang ABS ung lancer glx. Although, the brakes are discs na (front and rear), while ung vios E front lang and drum pa din sa likod.

In terms of power, mas malakas ung Lancer GLX (1.6 SOHC) based on the specs at 110HP/6200 rpm? While the Vios E (1.3 DOHC) is at 85HP/6000 rpm? Correct po ba?

In terms of maintenance, do you think mas madami nang nakaka alam na mechanic about the 4G18? Since it is around for quite sometime? I've read 2002 pa ata eto built?

Help naman guys, what do you think is the wiser choice?

Currently, I am leaning over the Lancer GLX. But, if may na miss pa akong point na dapat malaman, please do tell po. Salamat!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the wiser choice is the lancer. its bigger and have more amenities. mas malakas ang lancer dahil 1.6 ang engine nya, compared to the 1.3 ng vios. but of course, higher engine displacements equates to higher fuel consumption.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    If resale value is a concern, then Vios is the way to go. The most bang for the buck in terms of feature and per pound of metal, its definitely the Lancer

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don't see much of the 2006 model Lancer on the road. Anyone here care to share their ownership experience?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Im one of the owner of 1st batch of lancer 2005 with 4g18 engine.. mine is GLS with CVT tranny.. with 60k++ on my odometer still no problem... regarding maintainance wala nman problema...its brandnew so 3 years warranty... if i were you add some cash and get the GLS you will enjoy the convinience of automatic at the same time the sports mode of CVT...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thanks everyone.. will be getting the 2009 Lancer GLX this Sat!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hmmm. with that money, pwede ka bumili ng Hyundai Accent CRDI VGT.

It's superfast (can do 200kmh+ easy) and super-economical (30+kms/L on long drives) at the same time since it's diesel (Bosch common-rail diesel with BorgWarner Variable Geometry Turbocharger).

That is, if you don't have anything against Koreans and Hi-tech diesel. Test drive to believe. :D

Help! 2009 Lancer GLX (MT) vs/or 2009 Vios E