New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    All three are good to drive but the Jazz is the best all-around subcompact hatchback. The Mazda2 and Fiesta are tighter inside. The Fiesta with the Ecoboost engine is the quickest ride you can buy for less than 1M.

I drive a 2014 Fiesta Ecoboost by the way. More than 50k on the odometer already and no issues at all. It is more athletic than a Jazz and the suspension is a bit stiffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks sir! Another Jazz suggestion. I'm a short guy so for me, no problem with the space. Honestly, Fiesta is my 1st choice but i've heard that it has some issue with DCT. But as you've mentioned you had no issues with it.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    My 2 cents . I copied and pasted this from another thread but i hope it helps you decide. All our needs are different. The opinion was based on my need.

Though I agree with Egan the Fiesta is punchier.

******* from another thread *******

This is just my opinion so dont take it for gospel truth. I have been a jazz fanatic since gen 1 and have owned all Gen 1,2 and 3. For me the Honda Jazz 1.5 is the most fun car i have ever driven or owned.

Full stop.

It is NOT the fastest (it cant even be considered fast), or most comfortable, but it offers up fun and utility and economy in spades. Let me explain a bit.

I own much faster cars (mini john cooper works edition, mustang, turbo tuned gas fed Q5) but the Jazz will always bring a smile to my face when i drive it. You cant beat smallness and lightness. Its so easy to toss around. For metro driving....those attributes cant be overstated. What about the Mini cooper you say? Well the mini cooper is much heavier as its a clubman version. And While the mini is much mucb faster and has much more grip due to AWD.....the Jazz somehow feels more fun. When you are caning it....its not at speeds that will kill you. It makes that sweet vtec sound at 4k+ rpm and its easy to keep there because of the paddle shifters and low hp rating. Yes ... you heard me right...low hp rating. If i floored my mustang or mini id be past the century mark in 2 gears. NOt many roads where i can do that. Meanwhile, the jazz in manual mode will let you happily shift thru many shift points before reaching that speed. And reaching its limits is very easy and an auditory experience. Yes VTEC kicks yo! Once the road opens up its super fun....but it shines in traffic and moderate traffic conditions.

As for utility and space it has it in spades. Its also got the tech toys to back it up vs the fiesta and the mazda 2. Fuel economy it also wins hands down. Reliability is way up there. Resale is the best. But these are just bonuses for me. Its real ace is the fun to drive factor. With fun not necessarily being related to speed or acceleration. Its just the whole package of reaching red line very easily and in most of the gears, the VTEC sound, the high rpm red line, the paddle shifters, the smallness and the lightness. I literally have MORE fun driving the Jazz on the C5 on sundays then any other car i have ever owned. Honestly.

I sold my jazz last year when i got the mini cooper. Regretted it so i bought it back a couple of months ago.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks sir! Nice input. Actually my 1st choice is Fiesta, but still undecided.haha! But most of the response here on the thread are more of a Jazz, i'm considering it too.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Egan i gotta try that fiesta. I love boost

You can always buy one (used or new). It's small enough to fit your garage. Then buy it a Bluefin 1st stage remap to get it to 150hp/210Nm. Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by DonPoogs1327 View Post
    Thanks sir! Another Jazz suggestion. I'm a short guy so for me, no problem with the space. Honestly, Fiesta is my 1st choice but i've heard that it has some issue with DCT. But as you've mentioned you had no issues with it.
    There are a number of reported issues regarding Ford's DCT. It includes the Fiesta, Focus NA, and the Ecosport. There are also those like me who had no issues with the DCT tranny.

The upcoming Fiesta generation will have a traditional 6-speed AT in place of the dry clutch DCT used on the current generation.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    And that's why they changed it. Dct killed the brand

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    And that's why they changed it. Dct killed the brand

Very true. The unreliability of the dry clutch DCT damaged the image of Ford in its small vehicles. Even with a new 6-speed AT tranny on the Focus, it was a failed attempt.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    hindi kasama ang toyota wigo at mitsubishi mirage sa choices? i heard na sobrang tipid ng mirage? and maganda na din itsura ng bagong labas ng wigo ngayon?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    hindi kasama ang toyota wigo at mitsubishi mirage sa choices? i heard na sobrang tipid ng mirage? and maganda na din itsura ng bagong labas ng wigo ngayon?
    If you have the money to spend, the subcompact hatchbacks are better than these small city cars. Unless the TS is so keen on fuel expense, maybe he would consider a Mirage or Wigo.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Accent diesel is dct also now. Not sure if may complaints.

May turbo, and FC is better than gas

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Accent diesel is dct also now. Not sure if may complaints.

May turbo, and FC is better than gas

The Accent CRDi is a good package but Hyundai should have made a better job with the interiors. Cheaper feel interiors compared to a Fiesta, Jazz, or Mazda2.

The Accent though offers best savings in fuel expense. Maintenance cost though of a diesel is pricier than a gasoline engine. Local Hyundai service is also not that good.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    Lower segment ang wigo at mirage. Comfort wise at build wise. That is why the gls of mirage is not a good buy imo since the price difference is not that great compared with base subcompacts.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast