New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Hello Sir/s,

Starting this thread because i am planning to buy a new car. Any suggestions between this 3 hatchbacks? Any other brand will do but cost less than 1M. Thank you in advanced mga sir! God bless you all!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    why the hatch? im guessing youre single. will this be your first car?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mazda 2 has the nicest interior but Tiny
    Jazz is a good all rounder, too much plastic inside though
    Don't think about the Fiesta if its the DCT transmission

Check out the Hyundai Accent diesel.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    From the three choices get the Jazz.

I would advise to try all three and decide which best fits your needs.

Didn't like the fiesta, too small for me, was hard to get into.

I would avoid the Accent, know someone who has one and the PMS cost kills the brand.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    All three are good to drive but the Jazz is the best all-around subcompact hatchback. The Mazda2 and Fiesta are tighter inside. The Fiesta with the Ecoboost engine is the quickest ride you can buy for less than 1M.

I drive a 2014 Fiesta Ecoboost by the way. More than 50k on the odometer already and no issues at all. It is more athletic than a Jazz and the suspension is a bit stiffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    My 2 cents . I copied and pasted this from another thread but i hope it helps you decide. All our needs are different. The opinion was based on my need.

Though I agree with Egan the Fiesta is punchier.

******* from another thread *******

This is just my opinion so dont take it for gospel truth. I have been a jazz fanatic since gen 1 and have owned all Gen 1,2 and 3. For me the Honda Jazz 1.5 is the most fun car i have ever driven or owned.

Full stop.

It is NOT the fastest (it cant even be considered fast), or most comfortable, but it offers up fun and utility and economy in spades. Let me explain a bit.

I own much faster cars (mini john cooper works edition, mustang, turbo tuned gas fed Q5) but the Jazz will always bring a smile to my face when i drive it. You cant beat smallness and lightness. Its so easy to toss around. For metro driving....those attributes cant be overstated. What about the Mini cooper you say? Well the mini cooper is much heavier as its a clubman version. And While the mini is much mucb faster and has much more grip due to AWD.....the Jazz somehow feels more fun. When you are caning it....its not at speeds that will kill you. It makes that sweet vtec sound at 4k+ rpm and its easy to keep there because of the paddle shifters and low hp rating. Yes ... you heard me right...low hp rating. If i floored my mustang or mini id be past the century mark in 2 gears. NOt many roads where i can do that. Meanwhile, the jazz in manual mode will let you happily shift thru many shift points before reaching that speed. And reaching its limits is very easy and an auditory experience. Yes VTEC kicks yo! Once the road opens up its super fun....but it shines in traffic and moderate traffic conditions.

As for utility and space it has it in spades. Its also got the tech toys to back it up vs the fiesta and the mazda 2. Fuel economy it also wins hands down. Reliability is way up there. Resale is the best. But these are just bonuses for me. Its real ace is the fun to drive factor. With fun not necessarily being related to speed or acceleration. Its just the whole package of reaching red line very easily and in most of the gears, the VTEC sound, the high rpm red line, the paddle shifters, the smallness and the lightness. I literally have MORE fun driving the Jazz on the C5 on sundays then any other car i have ever owned. Honestly.

I sold my jazz last year when i got the mini cooper. Regretted it so i bought it back a couple of months ago.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Take it from EQ who has quite a decent garage with some exciting rides.

We had a previous gen Jazz also but it was the 1.3L AT. It was better to drive than our City 1.5L AT of the same generation. However, that car was painfully slow. I had to drive it at its torque peak continuously (4k rpm) to get the car to cruise at 120kmh.

I like the looks better of the 2nd generation Jazz than the new one but the CVT on the new Jazz is more responsive (as most folks say). The old 5AT tranny was slow to respond; even with our old City 1.5L; the car felt numb at 2k rpm so you have to floor the gas pedal to move it in a more spirited pace.

The Fiesta Ecoboost has a quicker and tighter feel on its steering. You can sense that feedback of the tires on the pavement. Once the engine is properly warmed, the turbo spools at just below 2k rpm and keeping that pressure on the gas pedal, the tachometer will rise to redline (yes, you can hit the redline in a stoplight-to-stoplight sprint). However, the car sits low, even lower than the Jazz so you will easily scrape that chin. The stiff suspension is not a welcome thing for rear passengers specially if you have an aggressive driver at the wheel. The 1.0L turbo engine may seem small but it needs 5L of low viscosity FS oil every change unlike the Honda 1.5L NA engine which needs less than 4L. The DCT tranny is quick to change gears on an open road but driving it on city streets feels clanky due to the constant switching between 1st to 3rd gears. The Jazz is smoother to ride on city streets. The Fiesta Ecoboost feels clumsy to drive slow but get it into open roads, it comes alive.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Egan i gotta try that fiesta. I love boost

9. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    why the hatch? im guessing youre single. will this be your first car?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Yes sir! Single and this will be my 1st car.haha! Just want to get rid of commuting especially in south area. And to practice myself as well, I'm a new driver by the way. If you can give me some advice on choosing between these 3 cars, that would be great. Thank you!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Mazda 2 has the nicest interior but Tiny
    Jazz is a good all rounder, too much plastic inside though
    Don't think about the Fiesta if its the DCT transmission

Check out the Hyundai Accent diesel.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Thanks sa response sir! By the way, is the Fiesta that they are selling now still have this issue with DCT?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    From the three choices get the Jazz.

I would advise to try all three and decide which best fits your needs.

Didn't like the fiesta, too small for me, was hard to get into.

I would avoid the Accent, know someone who has one and the PMS cost kills the brand.
    Thanks for your input sir! I'm a short guy, so no problem with the space,haha! I will take note of that Accent. I've already read some suggestions, and the others prefer Jazz too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast