New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Subaru mayabang?pag naka STI ka siguro pwde, pero pag back private non turbo subbie, dun na ko sa gta kung dating lang ang paguusapan

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    went to Ford Libis this afternoon.. wala pa daw reported na tranny problems.. they said madaming dineliver na units sa pinas and there will be available units for test drive starting this week :D

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Det7 View Post
    went to Ford Libis this afternoon.. wala pa daw reported na tranny problems.. they said madaming dineliver na units sa pinas and there will be available units for test drive starting this week :D
    Uh-oh, kakabasa ko lang sa fcp na nagjejerk during downshift. Ikaw din ba yun? Hehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yup. Mga lima nang focus hatch nakikita ko umiikot w dealer plates on

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    Uh-oh, kakabasa ko lang sa fcp na nagjejerk during downshift. Ikaw din ba yun? Hehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yep, nagpost den ako dun.. (pati sa Mitsu-lancer and subaruclubph)

Oo nga, may isang nagconfirm sa FCP na nagjejerk nga daw yung tranny during downshift tsk tsk.. pero sa dealers yata parang they don't have any clues about it.. :-/

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Di naman aamin yan..sasabihin kung meron man, isolated case

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Actually I didnt notice any jerkiness on the Fiesta and Focus (with powershift) that I have driven - and not everybody experience or complain about this so I am pretty sure this is a function of the driver's footwork on the accelerator - I think what maybe causing this is excessively light footed driving (which is how jap and korean cars with AT are driven), but I notice that either Fiesta and Focus actually require a heavier foot to drive smoother.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhyperion View Post
    Actually I didnt notice any jerkiness on the Fiesta and Focus (with powershift) that I have driven - and not everybody experience or complain about this so I am pretty sure this is a function of the driver's footwork on the accelerator - I think what maybe causing this is excessively light footed driving (which is how jap and korean cars with AT are driven), but I notice that either Fiesta and Focus actually require a heavier foot to drive smoother.
    Good point but to make your footwork works smoothly with any car (esp light-footed), try installing sports pedal. I'm always installing sports pedal even in my VX200. Also, installing ample grounding wires can solve some of the lagging issues of any car since car makers only install the minimum required wire capacity.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhyperion View Post
    True eto based sa test drive ko ng new focus both 1.6 and 2.0. dapat nga di tipid sa apak lalo na from stop, di sila nag ccrawl easily pag shift to D from N or P. di ko lang alam baka safety feature ito related dun sa active city stop ba yun or ano man but i dont like it,inconvenient sa stop and go traffic at singitan.parang feeling ko din medyo di smooth ang acceleration while in 1st gear from 0kph pero after nyang phase na yan ay ok na very fun to drive yung 2.0 lalo na if you drive crazy with it in sports mode.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    True eto based sa test drive ko ng new focus both 1.6 and 2.0. dapat nga di tipid sa apak lalo na from stop, di sila nag ccrawl easily pag shift to D from N or P. di ko lang alam baka safety feature ito related dun sa active city stop ba yun or ano man but i dont like it,inconvenient sa stop and go traffic at singitan.parang feeling ko din medyo di smooth ang acceleration while in 1st gear from 0kph pero after nyang phase na yan ay ok na very fun to drive yung 2.0 lalo na if you drive crazy with it in sports mode.
    What should be taken note of when driving Powershift is that even though it seems to be AT, and it is designed to mimic AT torque converters (a mistake since it will never ever behave like one) ... the reality is it isn't. Dual clutch tranny is more like manual transmission than auto, and its inherent behavior is therefore different and cannot be identical to torque converters regardless of ingenious software design. Torque converters have an inherent smoothness because the engine is not mechanically coupled to the wheels except in cases where there is a lockup clutch after a certain speed is achieved. Moreover torque convertesr have greater torque from dead stop which is why AT cars tend to be more responsive from dead stop, and therefore achieve faster crawl/creep rates. DCT is more like MT - has to be revved higher at low gears to achieve the torque to get the car moving. I suspect drivers who can drive both MT & AT (and understand the physics behind them) therefore have less trouble adjusting to Powershift - in fact in my case, the transition was pretty much seamless.

The creep function in Powershift is slower compared to traditional AT creep but it is a good thing in my opinion because the car is much easier to modulate and control with the accelerator than the brake pedal especially in near stationary traffic where the usual AT creep is faster than the traffic and require incessant braking and is nearly just as annoying as operating a clutch pedal. Same is true when reversing the car into tight spaces where the usual reverse creep usually require extra braking to achieve precision parking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12