New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Syempre naman napakalayo ng 320i sa i30. Similarities between the two are only skin deep. It is unarguable that BMW makes some of the best handling cars available in the market. Personally I also prefer the looks of the E46 over the E90 pero apparently the TS doesn't like it. The TS's main priority in getting the 320i is comfort. Pero parang hindi gaano tutugma since compact sedan yan. The E39 would most likely fit the bill much better. If he is contemplating a 320i, then I believe he is ready for the high maintenance costs of a BMW, so siguro wala rin problema ang maintenance ng E39. I have a relative who lives in Poland and she drives a 1996 E39 525d. Napakatibay talaga.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    If you need to have more than one car and your wife wants a GS, might I suggest you get a 2nd hand GS and another car.

Personally kasi, hindi ko ganon ka-type ang mga European compacts. Its a given of course that you have the image, the upscale feel and performance of a European car and all that. Pero underneath all that, it is still a compact sedan which is like the Corolla's and Civic's of the Europeans. Kung sabihing exclusivity, hindi rin kasi marami na din ang E90 dito. IMHO kung European car ang pinag-uusapan, 5 series na. A 2003 E39 would be nice.
    You just don't like it, period. That's why you can't appreciate the E90 because you don't like it. You like/favor Hyundais, Accords, Escapes.. which is obvious since you recommend it as an alternative to everyone asking about vehicles. :lol:

The E90 is no Civic or Corolla-like, you don't see one every corner. It's still an exclusive compact sedan, call it nonexclusive when it's already a Vios-like european car. Truth is, I see more E46s than E90s.

True, the 5-series BMW is a notch higher than the 3-series. But then, it's a notch higher too when it comes to maintenance fees.

I've already been in a 320D E90, and trust me, there's still that wow factor whenever I pull over wherever. BMW, e'. Silver pa yun ha, what more when the color is absolutely stunning such as as black, grey etc.

IMAGE. IMAGE is all we need. All we're after. All we're protecting. That's why we buy cars even if our old ones still run perfectly. That's why some people favor buying nice cars first before buying nice houses. Kasi, parati ka makikita sa kotse mo. Eh bahay mo sino makakakita? Pwedeng iilang piling tao, pwedeng wala totally. But cars? Nakikita parati.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    You just don't like it, period. That's why you can't appreciate the E90 because you don't like it. You like/favor Hyundais, Accords, Escapes.. which is obvious since you recommend it as an alternative to everyone asking about vehicles. :lol:

The E90 is no Civic or Corolla-like, you don't see one every corner. It's still an exclusive compact sedan, call it nonexclusive when it's already a Vios-like european car. Truth is, I see more E46s than E90s.

True, the 5-series BMW is a notch higher than the 3-series. But then, it's a notch higher too when it comes to maintenance fees.

I've already been in a 320D E90, and trust me, there's still that wow factor whenever I pull over wherever. BMW, e'. Silver pa yun ha, what more when the color is absolutely stunning such as as black, grey etc.

IMAGE. IMAGE is all we need. All we're after. All we're protecting. That's why we buy cars even if our old ones still run perfectly. That's why some people favor buying nice cars first before buying nice houses. Kasi, parati ka makikita sa kotse mo. Eh bahay mo sino makakakita? Pwedeng iilang piling tao, pwedeng wala totally. But cars? Nakikita parati.
    Hahaha~ Hindi ko nga talaga ganon ka type ang design ng E90. But if you have been reading my previous posts you see that I do know the strong points of this car and why it would be worth buying for some people. I just said it doesn't seem to fit the TS's needs and preferences and I just suggest what, in my opinion, would fit the TS's needs and wants more.

I meant that the E90 is like a Civic and Corolla to the Europeans. For them, its just an ordinary daily commuter car compact sedan, the same as a Civic or Corolla. I don't know about others but I see E90's on a regular basis and I don't find it to scream exclusivity anymore. Personally I find the A4 and C-Class to command more respect than this one.

The TS has already suggested a BMW. Which, I assume, would mean that he is ready for the maintenance expenses of the car. So I believe the maintenance costs of an E39 5 series wouldn't be a problem?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I meant that the E90 is like a Civic and Corolla to the Europeans.

The TS has already suggested a BMW. Which, I assume, would mean that he is ready for the maintenance expenses of the car. So I believe the maintenance costs of an E39 5 series wouldn't be a problem?
    Sorry, but we're not in Europe.

Andito tayo sa Pinas.

Kahit 116i pa BMW mo, BMW parin yan.

Sasabihin, uy may pambili. Naka BMW. Mayaman yan.

Tsaka bakit puro E39? Ang ka-presyo ng used E90 ngayon yung mga E60 na 5 series na. Syempre hindi M5 kasi nasa 4M parin ang M5 ngayon.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    BMW E39, now that's a timeless design. One of the best BMWs. Maintenance wise it would be at par with an E46 since the engines are similar, i.e., 325i & 525i.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Sorry, but we're not in Europe.

Andito tayo sa Pinas.

Kahit 116i pa BMW mo, BMW parin yan.

Sasabihin, uy may pambili. Naka BMW. Mayaman yan.

Tsaka bakit puro E39? Ang ka-presyo ng used E90 ngayon yung mga E60 na 5 series na. Syempre hindi M5 kasi nasa 4M parin ang M5 ngayon.
    Yeah, but you forget the TS wants the car for comfort and apparently the maintenance is not a problem for him. And so the 5 Series fits the bill. Bakit E39? I'd say simply because the E39 looks good. The E60, not so much.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Comfort pala eh.

Mercedes Benz na yan.

Or buy a BMW 7-series. Kahit E38 lang. First love ko yun sa BMW.

Sa totoo lang yung E39 masikip.

Yeah the E39 looks good. Pero masikip nga.

Andyan ulit tayo na ayaw mo yung E60, like the E90. You simply don't like the car. It doesn't mean na mas okay ang E39 sa E60.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yeah, but you forget the TS wants the car for comfort and apparently the maintenance is not a problem for him. And so the 5 Series fits the bill. Bakit E39? I'd say simply because the E39 looks good. The E60, not so much.
    Pano naman kung mas maganda sa TS yung E60 diba.

Maybe you could like... tell the pros & cons (looks aside) of both E60 & E39 para the TS could consider both.

Mukha naman maalam ka sa mga technical specifications, eh. ;)

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thoroughly backread naman kasi muna mga bro. As the E39's successor, the E60 is expected to be better than the E39. But it just really does not look the part. At least opinion ko yan. At kung para sayo masikip ang E39 eh ang E90 pa kaya. I first suggested the Accord because it is comfortable and has lots of space. Hindi rin naman nagkukulang sa image.

Agree with the MB though.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Basta agree talaga ako kay SG at Renzo.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Grand Starex against a D-max+E90 320i