New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Which is better when it comes to power, riding comfort, FC and after sale value.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    vios except FC.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Getz has more power and somewhat better economy. Vios is slightly more comfortable. Neither car drives as well as a Honda Jazz.

Resale values of Hyundais in general is poor, but the Getz itself has decent resale in 1.1 and 1.5CRDI trim.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by angus15 View Post
    Which is better when it comes to power, riding comfort, FC and after sale value.

Power = Getz
    Comfort = Vios
    FC = Getz
    Resale = Vios
    Looks = hmmm. just about even, i like the way looks of the Getz eh, lalo na kung black, tapos tintless.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    how about getz riding comfort? Since it has diesel engine, matagtag ba sya just like any other diesel engine? And also the noise?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Matatag has nothing to do with being a diesel, it has something to do with the chassis. Mostly unibody chassis have better ride comfort than body on frame chassis. The Getz being a car has a unibody chassis.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    *tidus: i think angus (I wanna eat steak now) is referring to the engine when he/she said if it's "matatag".

Generally, Diesel engines are far more stronger than gas engines for the simple reason that Diesel is burned through compression, very high pressures require it to have a solid block.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well he asked about riding comfort. I, too, assumed he meant matagtag.

The Getz rides about as well or about as badly as the Vios (depending on how you like your ride). In terms of vibration and noise from the engine, it's much greater than from a gasoline engine, but not as bad as, say, in a Jeepney or Tamaraw FX. It's not noisy, per se, but the noise of the diesel is noticeable.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sa engine, better ang Getz. imo, iyon lang.

looks naman is subjective.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on the ride, i think, the getz suspension is almost the same as the vios, or the sentra. malambot....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Getz 1.5crdi vs vios 1.5