New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hello, Im new here I need some advice I am planning to buy 2nd car for my wife and fuel efficiency is the factor (and also limited budget). Ive decided to buy GETZ over PICANTO my dealer here in bacolod gave me the GETZ 1.1M/T 498T. I inquired about the 1.5L CRDI version and she said its not presently available but they will order for me if I want. Now my issue is I know that the CRDI is more expensive than the gas version( I will know the price tomorrow) is it worth the extra cost for a CRDI? I,ve read some thread about CRDI engines that they got a problem on dirty diesel in RP fed on these engines that means GETZ CRDI has the same potential problem? and any body who has GETZ CRDI already I need your inputs mga fellow tsikoteers and your KM/L.... Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    The CRDi problem only exists on Toyota D4D engines. You shouldn't be worried about Hyundai's CRDi-VGT. Get the diesel if you want the extra power. About fuel economy, I don't know, diesel and petrol already cost just about the same these days.

but still, 32-33/L ang diesel, 37-40/L ang gasoline..

say a diesel and gasoline, of the same fuel consumption(obviously, a diesel to be consuming as the gasoline it has to be bigger in displacement..means more torque than the gasoline..means more pulling power.)

if the refilled amont is the same, the remaining factor would be the cost of fuel..obviously diesel has this edge, because of lower price.

as for the crdi of hyundai, wala pa nga ko nadidinig na prob, while d4-d and isuzu trooper's engine(and minimal accounts of early CRDi of sedona/carnival) conks out because of the fuel here..

eto advice ko, kung gusto mo makatipid sa fuel cost, get the crdi. its not everyday you change oil, oilfilter...kahit sa idling-in-taffic, lamang parin ang diesel...

usok, di na maalis un siguro sa diesel..pero just keep it below 2700 rpms, di un uusok ng sobra..unlike old doesel engines, lesser particulate matter ng mga yan, means lesser black smoke when pushed hard...

kayo its your choice...basta, if you got the crdi, be sure to put a "diesel" sticker on the gas lid...mahirap na baka unleaded pa mailagay (muntik na ako mabiktima nyan..liteace ko diesel, e ang nabunot ng nagmamadaling gasboy velocity!)

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I got the price of GETZ CRDI from my dealer and its 653T...whew! with this amount I can also get a b.new compact car cheaper than GETZ CRDi a 1.3L gas engine with better fuel consumption 17km/L and good resale brand of car at 635T.... now my confusion escalates.. lol.... my first two cars are naturally aspirated diesels thats why im excited with this new CRDi-VGT on GETZ. Picantorange is right gas and diesel price is almost the same and considering this third option Im now more confused. this third car is toyota Vios. sorry if I went out of my choices in the title of my thread I just want to have a good advice on choices in buying my another car the price is no joke to make mistake. thanks again for the advice I really appreciated your opinion but Im not yet decided ..LOL..... more heeelllppp!!!!!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    If your budget range is 400T plus then get the 1.1Getz, Now if you have 600T plus better buy TOYOTA VIOS 1.3MT 538T lang TOYOTA pa . Well, as for the Getz ok naman since I've owned one 1.3MT 2005 model so far satisfied naman ako sa performance

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Forget the Getz 1.1, just add a bit more and get a Vios 1.3J M/T. Just add a tachometer because the Vios J doesn't have one.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Getting the CRDi based on fuel economy would not make sense if you cover very little mileage. If you cover 100,000kms a year, I think you can reap some savings provided the pump price remains consistent. Bottomline, it would take a while or not all to recoup the price difference. A lot depends on the unknown factors such future pump prices for one.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Getz 1.5L seems good, looks nice (206-lookalike), must be thrifty...though for the price...id get a Vios. too expensive IMO.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    If overall cost is more important, I would also play safe and get something like a Vios cuz you'll be better off later on when you also consider parts and resale value.

But since its the Getz we are talking about, I'd say get the 1.1 in MT (for more feel since engine is very small) nalang.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks mga sir Im inclined to have the Vios 1.3L Im playing safe maske ang banko ko they want me to get the vios, medyo kakilala ko na ang loan officer nila siguro they want a toyota if in case ma re-posses nila car ko... hehehe.. this is my first gasoline car, my other is a auv and pick-up diesels mga normally aspirated sila. this will be used by my wife from house to school of my son mga 10km sya from our house mild traffic, and to the school of my wife kaya inter city lang talaga kaya sa mileage ng vios reasonable and Im happy with the aftersales ng toyota dito sa bacolod my auv is toyota also. in two weeks time makukuha ko na siguro unit ko and thanks sa advice about tacho palagyan ko na lang, yan pa naman impt. if you're concious about rpm of you engine to have a economical driving style.... again thanks sa mga advice nyo... more power sa mga fellow tsikoteers...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
GETZ 1.1M/T vs GETZ 1.5 CRDI