New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    If i have the money to burn, id buy the lexus LS460 over the MB and BMW

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Nasakyan ko na lahat ito nung nasa Dubai ako LS460,BMW750il at MB S500 mas masarap sakyan as a passenger ang Lexus.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have to wonder though....... If the German cars are lemons, why do people keep buying them especially at the price? It certainly goes against the mantra of "fine German engineering".

I honestly doubt people will keep buying them if they were. These people wouldn't have made the money they have by being dumb.

The Japanese, especially. Japan is the last place I expected to see large numbers of Euro sedans. But I couldn't count for more than a minute without seeing a number of them in rush hour traffic.

We know the Japanese are some of the most nationalistic people on Earth. What would motivate numbers of them to choose a German car over their own? That says a lot about the German cars.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 22nd, 2008 at 05:59 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'd go for the Merc, the Brabus S

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I have to wonder though....... If the German cars are lemons, why do people keep buying them especially at the price? It certainly goes against the mantra of "fine German engineering".

I honestly doubt people will keep buying them if they were. These people wouldn't have made the money they have by being dumb.

The Japanese, especially. Japan is the last place I expected to see large numbers of Euro sedans. But I couldn't count for more than a minute without seeing a number of them in rush hour traffic.

We know the Japanese are some of the most nationalistic people on Earth. What would motivate numbers of them to choose a German car over their own? That says a lot about the German cars.
    Even Koreans!
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Brabus CLS Rocket

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Mercedes Benz ART CLS GTR

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    ^^ whoa! I have that on my wallpaper from a couple years ago ('06) and I really like how they got that CLS all tricked out.

truthfully though, I still like Mercedes-Benz.. but not like how it was before. like myself, Ive had two W201 190E-2.3, and our family has a stable of W123 300D, W123 300SD, W124 300D Turbo, W124 300TE Wagon and an ML430. all of them served us pretty well all these years, but sadly we had to let go of a few (W123 300SD= SOLD!, W124 300TE= RIP *my brother wrecked the poor thing*, W124 300D Turbo= SOLD!, 190E= RIP! *coz I junked it*). now we moved on driving Toyota's (Supra, Camry and a Avalon). and a Hummer H3.

also, we can afford a new Mercedes.. but after seeing alot of them with wiring defects (you'll see alot of Benzes w/ messed up tail lights (like theres a short or something..) and other BS. I told my parents not to get a Benz again. and even our ML430 is in the sidelines now, and we might sell that thing too.

aite, peace.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KBR View Post
    I have driven a bunch of Mercedes-Benz (and I also work on them.. coz Im a mechanic) and all I can say is that nowadays, specially from the 2000 model up to the current model.. and whatever class it is *except from the AMG models* is that their quality and reliablity is poor (check out Consumer Reports).
    Heard about that...

Since someone posted pics of the Brabus Mercedes models...

Here's the full-size 500hp Alpina B7 (Alpina used a supercharged V8 instead of a V12 for better balance)

PS: HyBrideVo, isn't the CLS 4-door coupe technically a mid-size since its based on the platform of the E-class?
    Last edited by AG4; January 22nd, 2008 at 01:23 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sir, in my opinion, eto ang mga rason:

Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    not all are bad as people people make them out to be. it's just that they experience more problems per 100 vehicles sold than their lexus counterpart.

The Japanese, especially. Japan is the last place I expected to see large numbers of Euro sedans. But I couldn't count for more than a minute without seeing a number of them in rush hour traffic
    it could be that Lexus was never a global luxury brand until last year, hence the large presence of german luxury brands in Japan.

sir, see post above.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Full-Size Sedan Battle: Lexus LS or MB S-Class and the other Germans