New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    AFAIK, the torque converter lock speed is not affected by the OD switch. The sole function of that switch is to lock out top gear (called the 'overdrive' gear because its ratio is less than 1.000 which is the 'direct drive' gear) when turned off.

Anyways, I just keep it ON all the time. The vehicle is more idiot-proof that way. Kaysa papatayin mo tapos bigla palang ginamit ng driver sa expressway. Paktay!

There is that! :lol:

Tama ka nga, my mistake, the converter lock-up point does not change. But acceleration is sharper because the car stays in the lowest gear possible and doesn't waste as much time hunting... shorter acceleration times may possibly equal less time on the gas... but that's just me... let me look it up. :p

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by silencer
    Hi,

We recently bought a new Sentra GS A/T (QG16DE engine) and we find the fuel consumption 6km/liter at city driving. It would take me from our home in Cainta to my office at Ortigas center an hour to travel for a distance of about 10 kilometers. I find this to be very high compared to my 1995 Civic ESI A/T which I estimate to consume about 8km/l for the same condition.

We would like to find out the experience of other Sentra users. Is my consumption, given the distance and traffic, rather high or just about average for a 1.6l A/T car?
    silencer- Hi, I'd like to know if your sentra's mileage has improved, I recently had an overnight trip with my wife from q.c to zambales then back to pampanga, computed around 9.6 km./L mixed h.way/city drive. (1 hr. traffic along santolan) btw ride is 1.3 gx matic '05.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fakesaint
    silencer- Hi, I'd like to know if your sentra's mileage has improved, I recently had an overnight trip with my wife from q.c to zambales then back to pampanga, computed around 9.6 km./L mixed h.way/city drive. (1 hr. traffic along santolan) btw ride is 1.3 gx matic '05.

fakesaint- Hi, yup! our fuel consumption is still the same, 6km/L, city driving. Bihira lng namin ma drive yng sasakyan sa h.way, sometimes nakukuha namin ng 7km/L city driving, pag hindi mabigat yng traffic, sbi nla mabigat daw ang kaha ng bagong sentra. in some Nissan sites, may nag complain na 6km/L din ang consumption nya sentra 1.3 GX manual yng sasakyan nya.

Pero ngayong bakasyon ang average ko nag-improve from 6km/l to 7.5km/l. Ang normal route ko Cainta to Ortigas and back, 10kms one way. Bago mag-vacation 45 - 60 mins ang travel time ko. Ngayon 30 - 45 mins na lang.

Pag-anak ko ang may dala (Cainta - Katipunan - to LaSalle Araneta in Malabon, 30+km, one way) ang average consumption niya during school days ay 8km/l. Travel time niya pareho ko 45 - 60 minutes one way.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    IMO, your consumption will gradually improve as your mileage goes on. Just think of it na parang nasa adjusting period or break-in pa lang makina mo.

Before ganun din naging experience namin eh pero now it averages close to 9km/li dito sa city pero pag dinadala ko sa Tarlac something close to 14km/li. Well, it all depends on your driving habits and style.....oppps, btw, mine is a gx manual.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    why is the current sentra's body heavier? mas malaki ba compared to other cars in its class, or mas makapal ung bakal na gamit?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Magaan lang yung previous generation by comparison. But in comparison to other, newer, cars, the Sentra isn't that heavy. But take note, many of these newer cars also have newer powerplants.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Fuel Consumption of Sentra GS