New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Supra!
    this car is a different category compared to the others, its more of a GT supercar once modified. The others are smaller, sometimes quicker and more nible, more attuned to the younger crowd while the Supra is more into the older person.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    Supra!
    this car is a different category compared to the others, its more of a GT supercar once modified. The others are smaller, sometimes quicker and more nible, more attuned to the younger crowd while the Supra is more into the older person.
    I don't know. Most of the people I saw who drove Supras were also the younger set, but more affluent. The MR2 was just a step below and was often driven by working adults. The Eclipse was bought by the less affluent and "barat", boy racer crowd (like yours truly). The Supra trickled down to the boy racer crowd after a few years when a used one became more affordable.

At least here, that's the way it seemed. During the heyday of these cars back in the early 90's, V8's and DSM's like the Eclipse were the most modded and aftermarket tuned (and set the stage for the Evo) along with the MR2 Turbo. Most twin turbo supercars like the Supra weren't modded as much because of their already great performance at the time. After a couple of years, more cars like the Prelude, Integra Type R, and Corrado VR6 started challenging the Eclipse which eventually faded as the Evo took over.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 3rd, 2007 at 01:32 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    MR2! its might be slower than the other choices, but i would think this will be the most enjoyable in twisty roads. i find the feel of g-forces during cornering more enjoyable than the powerful pull of an engine ala drag race.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Ramon View Post
    MR2! its might be slower than the other choices, but i would think this will be the most enjoyable in twisty roads. i find the feel of g-forces during cornering more enjoyable than the powerful pull of an engine ala drag race.
    The MR2 Turbo is the second-quickest among the 4 with 0-60mph / quartermile times near 6.2 sec/14.6 sec. Personally, I would've preferred it over say, a Miata.

One car that's not on the list that should be there is the 1990 Mazda RX7 turbo. On performance and price, it's almost on a dead heat with the MR2 turbo.

The Supra shouldn't really be grouped with the other cars because it was considered a supercar back then. The 1990 Mazda RX7 Turbo should be in its place on the list of cars.

MR2, Eclipse, RX7........... Yup. That's the way I remembered it.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 3rd, 2007 at 11:54 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
fto vs eclipse vs mr2 vs supra