New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I suppose so. But it sounds like an old 2.8L Fuego or NHR truck, and its got the exact same power output as the direct injection only 4JB1-T. The Great Wall 4JB1's CRDi claim is more credible as it actually has more power (even if it still isn't much) and has been proven to have a Bosch system. BTW, what can you say about its engine refinement and gas mileage?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Doc Otep,

Saw one ambulance unit sometime last year at the ER of Makati Med (PCSO Unit.) Medyo nahirapang umakyat para ihatid yung patient na sakay sa ER, paatras stance (which should be more powerful because the reverse gear is supposed to be the torque.)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir, hirap po ba yung makina or lost traction po dahil sa paatras? I tried going to a Foton dealer today. Thank you Quezon Avenue traffic for making me arrive after closing time.

OT: No idea on the price (around Php1.2M before any conversion work?) but the Isuzu i-Van is also looking pretty tempting. Big, spacious, still a class 1 vehicle on the expressway. However, the engine power is a bit down especially considering the body and the huge swing door (no sliding door option) can hinder entry/exit in confined areas.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir, hirap po ba yung makina or lost traction po dahil sa paatras? I tried going to a Foton dealer today. Thank you Quezon Avenue traffic for making me arrive after closing time.

OT: No idea on the price (around Php1.2M before any conversion work?) but the Isuzu i-Van is also looking pretty tempting. Big, spacious, still a class 1 vehicle on the expressway. However, the engine power is a bit down especially considering the body and the huge swing door (no sliding door option) can hinder entry/exit in confined areas.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Doc, I think traction po. Nag-skid po yung nakita ko na parang mala-pinks-all-out habang umaatras sa medyo steep na entrance ng ER ng MMC, rear wheels po.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok, it's normal to happen on a rear wheel drive vehicle with an open differential. About the only van to have a limited slip diff (LSD) was the Starex. This obviously doesn't happen to the MB100 because it's front wheel drive.

The MMC Hiace Grandia also does the same thing during bad weather days. I guess the better tires than on the View can make a difference in traction. But it's still an open differential and will always send power to the side with the least traction (it needs to do this so that the vehicle can turn without driveline shudder or 'binding').

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    lesson learned, on my part.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Personally, I sold foton to more than 10 clients last year. My company has sold more than 30 foton vehicles.

77% of my clients have complained about headlight lenses burnt, power window malfunctioning, A/C is not functioning well, engine starter problems and couple more...

Foton looks good on the outside. don't be fooled. Before you buy one, compare what you can save in buying a cheap quality vehicle and what you paid more for a reliable, durable and known vehicle brand.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by allangee View Post
    Personally, I sold foton to more than 10 clients last year. My company has sold more than 30 foton vehicles.

77% of my clients have complained about headlight lenses burnt, power window malfunctioning, A/C is not functioning well, engine starter problems and couple more...

Foton looks good on the outside. don't be fooled. Before you buy one, compare what you can save in buying a cheap quality vehicle and what you paid more for a reliable, durable and known vehicle brand.
    Wala ka na bang alam na command sa computer bukod sa cut and paste? Kakasawa na din, eh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Foton View vs. Foton View?