New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    why not test drive both vehicles to get a feel of each its strenghts and weaknesses... it will help a lot in your decision making process. What we can give you here is some pros and cons but ultimately the decision will fall on your shoulders. Also consider other SUVs on your list.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Maganda rin yung Nissan X-Trail or Honda CRV.

I've seen quite a few Fortuners on the road, for some reason the style is something I cant seem to like, the RAV4, dated as it is still looks quite good(in some colors better than others).

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Had the same predicament before.. answer for me is the Fortuner..

Everyone here shared some good points.. my two cents.. since you technically have a new car, just wait for everything to settle down, talking about this Fortuner hype that Toyota is capitalizing on. You'll surely have the benefit of making a wiser decision if you don't rush, not unless you really need the vehicle now. The Fortuner is here to stay, but there will also definitely be other SUVs in line in the near future, this will surely give you more SUVs to choose from.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vit0
    Had the same predicament before.. answer for me is the Fortuner..

Everyone here shared some good points.. my two cents.. since you technically have a new car, just wait for everything to settle down, talking about this Fortuner hype that Toyota is capitalizing on. You'll surely have the benefit of making a wiser decision if you don't rush, not unless you really need the vehicle now. The Fortuner is here to stay, but there will also definitely be other SUVs in line in the near future, this will surely give you more SUVs to choose from.
    yeahh, i think that's a good point. my only problem is how to solve my lust to own a compact SUV

thanks to all who shared their opinion. better to exercise control ... control ... control ...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Compact SUV? Dude I think the gen 2.5 CR-V is a better choice than the Rav 4.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Hows about a hilux 4x4?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry
    Compact SUV? Dude I think the gen 2.5 CR-V is a better choice than the Rav 4.
    yeah i know there are a lot better in the market it's just that i'm more inclined in buying a Toyota.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In that case, patience is a virtue.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    I believe the all new body and etc. RAV4 will be out by the end of this year, if not, early next year. With the Fortuner's long waiting stretching 'til next year, why not wait and see how things unfold? Patas lang sa hintay.

Driving experience-wise, the RAV4 would be easier to manuever due to its size and the fact that it is based on a car chassis helps alot in this factor. It is also expected to be more inexpensive than the Fortuner, but not so much less. It is not practical to discuss the current RAV4 since it is on its way out, so lets wait for the new model to be test driven before comments may be made.

The Fortuner, on the other hand, feels and drives like a truck and manuevering takes a slight bit of effort. As per other tsikoteers' reviews, this vehicles has suffers from significant amounts of body rolls; road vibration channeled straight to your seats; vibration, creaks, groan, etc on body ; lifeless steering wheel; etc. On the plus side, this vehicles gives you the most bang-for-the-buck. The 4WD model can do better off-roading than the Awd system of the RAV4. The 3.0 D4D engine, seems to be a good performer.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    fortuner bro its a no brainer.. i have a camry here in the US and its engine is like new after 4 years. galing ng quality nila, thats why i decided to get fortuner in the phil.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Fortuner or RAV4? pls help