New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hi to all!

this is my first post but been lurking in tsikot for several months now. i've discovered this forum in december 2004 while looking for threads/forums about fortuner (the moment i heard the rumour about fortuner coming to the philippines, nag google search nko)

I'm in a dilemma.

In a month or so, ill have my 2002 Altis fully paid. I've set my eyes sa Fortuner on Jan 2006. And I've just spoken to my suking Toyota agent about availability of Fortuner by January. Hindi sya mka commit dahil sa sobrang haba ng waiting list. eh atat npo akong magka SUV (or mini SUV).

So I'm thinking of RAV4.

What do you think guys? Is Fortuner worth waiting for na walang assurance kung kelan?

hehe loyal sa Toyota no?!

Thank you guys!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fortuner na lang, 2007 model change na RAV4.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    fortuner, kahit na may rav4 kami hehe

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    uhm... fortuner? dpende sa needs mo bro.. if you always carry ur family/friends around, then fortuner ka. if single kapa, ok lng rav4 :D kaso mlapit narin palitan ito :D

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hindi ako loyal sa toyota kasi wala akong toyota.

Pero I'd suggest Fortuner. Di kasi ako sanay sa maliit na sasakyan. Konting tiis lang bro, mawawala din ang mga pila at bababa pa presyo.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by singkit
    hi to all!

this is my first post but been lurking in tsikot for several months now. i've discovered this forum in december 2004 while looking for threads/forums about fortuner (the moment i heard the rumour about fortuner coming to the philippines, nag google search nko)

I'm in a dilemma.

In a month or so, ill have my 2002 Altis fully paid. I've set my eyes sa Fortuner on Jan 2006. And I've just spoken to my suking Toyota agent about availability of Fortuner by January. Hindi sya mka commit dahil sa sobrang haba ng waiting list. eh atat npo akong magka SUV (or mini SUV).

So I'm thinking of RAV4.

What do you think guys? Is Fortuner worth waiting for na walang assurance kung kelan?

hehe loyal sa Toyota no?!

Thank you guys!
    bro, pareho tayo. katatapos lang ng payment ko sa 2002 adventure ko. ang iba lang sa atin ay pumila na ako sa fortuner 4x2 diesel nung last week of May pa so by next month siguro makukuha ko na unit ko. suggestion ko mag-fortuner ka na lang. gamitin mo na lang muna yung altis mo while waiting. yung iba kasi kaya nagmamadali eh baka nabenta na nila yung car nila or first time nila bibili ng sasakyan.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    fortuner of cors, use ur altis in the meantime. the rav4 is getting old na although still looks good.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fortuner!

Or if you're willing to get an American brand, wait for the Equinox. (Malapit na!)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you don't need the space (for seven people) and go extreme off-roading... the Rav4 would be a good choice (assuming that you don't want to check out other manufacturer's offerings) over the Fortuner.

Believe me, the Rav4 is quite capable of taking on some light off-roading duties. Handling is near car-like and power delivery is quite decent.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    For some reason I don't find the Fortuner that appealing, parang sa unang tiningin lang maganda. (But its a great ride!). If you are patient enough and still have the time to spare to wait til next year, then why not wait for it.

But if you think you can't wait for it then go for the RAV4. You can't go wrong with that! But yeah, it is getting old!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Fortuner or RAV4? pls help